30

Sera picked up words that sounded like excuses and served them in a feeling of shame. The voices of protest were not strong enough to hear themselves.

“Am I in the same situation as you? You didn't said that you are getting engaged to Lee Seon-kyung soon. If I had known it was such a deep sign, I wouldn't have met you today."

Although she knew it was going to be like that, she was swayed by accident, but Sera broke once in a while. Seo Jung-won raised the corner of his lips obliquely and asked.

“Did your eyes seem like it was such a deep relationship?”

I couldn't answer yes, so when I shut my mouth, Seo Jung-won immediately smiled and muttered in a monotonous tone.

“It’s better not to torture her with hope or accept her heart. Like you do to me.”

A sense of discomfort arose at the cold and dry answer than expected.

How the two got engaged in the original story became increasingly suspicious. According to the original story, the two will get engaged a few months from now, but of course, emotions can arise and burn in an instant... The coldness he showed was too much to be dismissive in that way.

Whenever I encountered a setting that was subtly different from the original, I instinctively became anxious. It was because I didn't know which variables could pose a risk.

“Besides, I accept everything even if you are mean.”

Seo Jung-won added as a joke as if he was conscious of the heavy atmosphere. With a mischievous smile on his face, he leaned against the wall and muttered.

“It is the fate of the one with one-sided affection.”

There was no room to refute Seo Jeong-won's words. If she had kept Lee Seon-kyung here, she would accuse Sera of indifference and find an excuse for them.

“… I don't need you to take me home. My driver is near.”

Finally, Sarah sighed and ended the conversation. Seo Jeong-won, who narrowed the brow, asked.

“When did you call? Why did you secretly call him?”

“I called because it was time to go home.”

“I was going to take you home.”

“I called because I was afraid.”

“Next time, I’ll pick you up from the beginning.”

“Don’t get me wrong. There will be no next time.”

“It’s cute, Sera. All the villainous lines.”

She wondered what to do if he forced himself to follow her, but Seo Jung-won meekly agreed while babbling nonsense. Although she acted coldly, she seemed to care about Lee Seon-kyung, who was left alone.

“Anyway, you go up now, Seon-kyung—!”

Sera, who was walking out of the elevator, lost her focus and stumbled heavily. A sharp pain arose from her ankle, which had been bent in a strange way, as it should have been, the heel of her shoe was caught between the gaps in the door.

"Are you okay?"

Seo Jeong-won, who was holding Sera who was about to fall, asked in surprise.

"Ouch… Ugh, it hurts.”

Sera sat down and groaned. Her ankle, which had been injured at a party or rolling down the stairs, was broken again. Her tears welled up at the excruciating pain that made her doubt that thr ligaments had been torn.