39

“The balance of the contract has been delivered to Managing Director Jong-Hoon Lee.”

“The job is neat. Thanks."

At Lee Ji-young's report, Sera did not hide her delighted look. She was hesitant, Lee Ji-young added cautiously.

“I have ordered an investigation into the personal history of Mr. Lee, just in case. As a human being who betrayed me once, I think it would be better to hold onto at least one weakness. If it was an excessive treatment, I would withdraw it now... .”

“Did I say that I really love you, secretary?”

“…”

“The two of us are going out for a drink soon. We will also have an in-depth discussion about improving treatment in the future.”

“Excessive… thank you."

Lee Ji-young nodded with a happy but shy expression and left the office.

It was truly an excellent decision to have Lee Ji-young by my side. Whatever task I entrusted, she proved her ability as a result, and I was generous with her reward each time. Because it was much more effective to give a real benefit than to get loyalty.

I guess I'll have to negotiate the salary again.

With a relaxed mood, Sera buried her body deeply in the chair and read the material Lee Ji-young brought.

Sera paid IRIS whistleblower Lee Jong-hoon worth 2 billion won in cash. The man did not know exactly who he was dealing with. It was thanks to Iris's competitor Eugene Logitech, who had been working on it in advance as if it had been ordered by Logitech.

Even Director Baek, who delivered the IRIS accounting data to the audit team at Sera's request, did not know the background behind the incident. It was a secret that only a few close aides, including Lee Ji-young, knew.

“Cha Jae-eon has a lot of hallways. Where can I find a fiancee who does this?”

Lee Rowoon said that Sera was the only one to benefit from this, but it was something he didn't know. All of the amount Iris will lose will be occupied by Lumitech, so it was Cha Jae-eon who ultimately benefited.

Even as Sera, it was not easy to buy Lee Jong-hoon. Although the risk was too high, she was also concerned about the fact that she was touching Lee Rowoon, whom she had become familiar with.

However, there was not enough room to consider Lee Ro-Woon. Aside from her personal liking for him, it was a battle for Sera's survival. Neither morality nor friendship could take precedence over the need for survival.

So I touched Lee Rowoon and got the desired result.

Lee Rowoon was hit hard by this incident. It was the same situation in which the executives who acted like limbs were separated, but the weakened bond with Iris must have been more fatal than anything else.

'It was unexpected to have such a mild reaction in such a situation.'

Rowoon Lee was suspicious of Sera and pushed her, but did not touch her in the end. She was very unexpectedly lucky as she was prepared even to be called by the audit team.

That's why I could be sure. The fact that Lee Ro-Woon can no longer treat himself recklessly.

The difference between not dealing with it and not being able to do it was huge. Seeing that he is quiet even though he is not bubbly enough to be swayed by Sera's sloppy acting, she must have succeeded in setting her feet inside the high boundary of Lee Rowoon.

Safe survival was gradually becoming visible.

Still, it wasn't as enjoyable as I had hoped. There was only one reason for that.