34

“Vice President, it’s time to leave.”

"Thank you for letting me know."

At Lee Ji-young's message, Sera cleared the seat and stood up. The event she had been preparing for two months has arrived. Today, she was scheduled to leave for the Blue House after finishing her morning work.

“Did you wait long?”

"Not really."

As Sera got into the car, Lee Rowoon, who had been sitting in advance, raised hus head. She swept him head to toe and whistled a little. Her attitude was that of a sly, middle-aged man.

“Did you decorate it beautifully for an important event today?”

“What kind of bullshit are you?”

Lee Rowoon, who was often talked about for his handsome looks, was exceptionally bright today. Thanks to his neatly curled hair, his voluptuous features were emphasized, and the well-fitting suit accentuated his slender and strong body. It was a delightful sight to see him.

“Are you really going to leave your fiance and go have a fight?”

At Lee Rowoon's sarcastic remark, Sera checked herself. It was true that she had the help of experts for today. It was the first time for such a big event, and she wanted to look great.

“I was careful because it might appear in the article by any chance. When I see you sarcastic, do you think I am pretty in your eyes too?”

Lee Rowoon turned his head after being silent with an expression of absurdity in Sera's audacity. She took out her tablet and did one last look at the issues likely to be addressed today.

The venue was the Blue House guesthouse. Expectations were high that frank and open discussions would take place according to the President's aspiration to increase physical contact with businessmen.

“You can come this way.”

An event agent guided the two inside. The President also picked real people and erected them, but the Blue House was no different from reality.

'If they copied this much, the production company would have been sued by now.'

Sera clicked her tongue and matched Lee Rowoon's stride. The inside of the guesthouse building, which was modeled after Gyeonghui-ru, was already crowded with attendees. Everywhere she looked, business leaders who dominated the evening news were scattered like extras.

"Uh."

Sera's eyes widened as she looked around. She was to blame for unexpectedly discovering that she had Cha Jae-eon. As he was conversing with people, he turned his head just in time, and their eyes met in the air.

It seems that the man over there also attended instead.

Cha Jae-eon was not welcome, but there was no reason to avoid him. The hesitant Sera moved her steps towards him, and he too came out of the group and faced her.

"It's been a while."

"I know, right."

The two of them exchanged dry greetings with each other after being engaged to each other, and then there was an awkward silence. He really hate this kind of atmosphere. Sera, fed up in secret, opened the conversation in an unwilling tone.

“How have you been?”

“It was always the same. Did you also attend on behalf of the President?”

“Yeah, what. He had a herniated disc.”

“Such.”

Cha Jae-eon expressed his mechanical regret with an expression that was not at all sad. Respect for the President was nowhere to be found. However, Sera was also not worried about President Shin, so she did not make any fuss.