23

At first, I was nervous that the original route would be followed, but after thinking about it, there was no reason to be anxious. Rather, Cha Jae-eon's favorable feelings toward Lee Seon-kyung could serve as a good thing.

If Cha Jae-eon fell in love with Lee Seon-kyung, the breakup would have gone much more smoothly.

In the original story, Lee Seon-kyung was excellent at managing the fishing grounds, so there was no way to avoid the situation of acquiring Seo Jeong-won and Cha Jae-eon.

If Cha Jae-eon fell in love with Lee Seon-kyung sooner and then broke the marriage.

Sera, full of hope, actively encouraged Cha Jae-eon. She was so excited that she didn't even realize she was pulling the hem of his shirt.

“If you care about me, you don't have to. I admit it with my mouth, but no one would think it strange if Lee Seon-kyung was chosen instead of me. Rather, they would say it was a good choice.”

“…”

“I think so. It is foolish to lose someone like Lee Seon-kyung.”

Cha Jae-eon was engrossed in a completely different thought while Sera was sarcastic. No, he didn't even know maybe he hadn't thought of it himself.

Has he ever seen Shin Sera up close like this?

From the moment they first met, he had never been rationally conscious of Shin Sera. It was because his feelings of boredom were overwhelming for her to recognize her as his woman.

'Don't push me away today. A little more like this...'

There was a time when Shin Sera, who was drunk, forced herself into her arms. At that time, the only emotion that Cha Jae-eon felt was displeasure. All of her sensations she gave him aroused the paroxysmal rejection, making it difficult for him to endure even the fleeting moment of her skin touching.

But today was different. Even though all of these things are bothersome, from the self-othering gaze and dry attitude to the rudeness of smiling casually when referring to other men...

He couldn't deny the fact that every single action of Shin Sera stimulated him in an unfamiliar way.

“Above all else, we’re going to break up soon, right?”

Sera took a step back from Cha Jae-eon with a smile of an accomplice. Rolled up eyes, a tall nose, and thick, small lips. He has never been moved by the fact by her beauty, but why? It was hard to take his eyes off her.

“…”

Cha Jae-eon's expressionless expression stiffened slightly. It was because of finding a blurry bruise that was hidden by the dress beneath Shin Sera's slender neck.

It was a wound that he didn't know when it occurred. It's been quite a while since the Raum group party, but looking at the scars that still remain, the assault that day was pretty awful.

With the events of that day as an opportunity, Shin Se-ra said that she had completely abandoned the last remaining regrets to Cha Jae-eon. It was a worthless and forgotten memory.

“…Shall I?”

Cha Jae-eon, who had been engrossed in thoughts, came to his senses later and asked Sera in a calm voice.

“What did you say?”

“Did you not hear me?”

Anger appeared on Sera's face. However, she knew that it was not once or twice that he ignored her words and that if she got angry, it would only harm her. She pretended to be kind and repeated her words.