Chapter 3 - Diagon Alley

"Here's where you get your quills and ink," Hagrid says pointing to one shop.  "Over there, all your bits and bobs for doing wizardry."

We look around at all the amazing things as we continue to walk either side of Hagrid.

"But Hagrid, how are we to pay for all this?" Harry asks.  "We haven't any money."

"There's your money.  Gringotts, the wizard bank.  Ain't no safer place, not one.  Except perhaps Hogwarts."

We enter the bank and walk along the main foyer.

"Hagrid, what exactly are these things?" I ask.

"They're Goblins.  Clever as they come, but not the most friendly of beasts.  Best stay close."

We stop at the end of the foyer and Hagrid clears his throat to make the Goblin look at us.

"Mr Harry Potter and Miss Hollie Potter wish to make a withdrawal."

He leans over the counter and looks at us.

"And do Mr and Miss Potter have their key?"

"Wait a minute.  Got it somewhere."

Hagrid begins to search his clothing before he pulls out a small key and places it on the counter.

"And there's something else as well," Hagrid says as he pulls out a letter.  "Professor Dumbledore gave me this."

He hands the letter over.

"It's about you-know-what in vault you-know-which."

Me and Harry look at one another.

"Very well."

We follow the Goblin though a door and onto a strange contraption before he drives up to another platform.

"Vault 687."

He climbs off the contraption.

"Lamp please!"

Hagrid hands him the lamp and we follow him to the door.

"Key please!"

Hagrid hands him the key and he unlocks it, making the door open by itself.

Inside is a massive pile of gold coins.

"Did you think your parents would leave you with nothing?"

Hagrid takes the amount we need before we go to another vault.

"Vault 713," the Goblin says.

"What's in there, Hagrid?" Harry asks.

"Can't tell you.  Hogwarts business.  Very secret."

"Stand back," the Goblin says.

He runs his nail down the centre of the door which opens to reveal a small item wrapped in a rag.

Hagrid takes it out and puts it in his pocket.

"Best not to mention this to anyone," he says.

Me and Harry nod.

~Harry's POV~

When we leave the bank, we continue through the streets and go in and out of shops to buy supplies.

"We still need wands," Hollie says as we leave another shop.

"You want Ollivanders.  There ain't no place better.  Run along there and wait.  I got one more thing to do."

He walks away so me and Hollie go into the shop which is empty, and wait.

"Hello?" Hollie shouts, the more confident of the two of us.