Chapter 8 - The Dog and the Troll

After my next lesson, Ron, Hollie, Bam and Ryan come up to me and the five of us begin walking along the walkway.

"Did you get into alot of trouble?"

"Actually, I wasn't in trouble. McGonagall took me to see Oliver Wood and they made me a Seeker for the Quidditch team."

Seeker?" Ron asks. "But first years never make the house team."

"You must be the youngest Quidditch player in a..." Bam begins.

"A century," I cut him off. "According to Oliver."

"Well done, Harry," Fred says as he puts his hand on my shoulder. "Wood's just told us."

"Fred and George are on the team too," Ron says. "Beaters!"

"Our job is to make sure you don't get bloodied up too much," George says. "Can't make any promises, of course. Rough game, Quidditch."

"Brutal!" Fred continues. "But no one's died in years. Someone will vanish occasionally..."

"But they'll turn up in a month or two," George says before they walk away.

The rest of us continue until Hollie stops us.

"You can't do this Harry," she says. "It sounds too dangerous."

"It's not that bad," Bam says. "Jess is on the team and the way he tells it, it's just a bit of fun."

"Fred and George do like to make things sound dangerous," Ron tells us.

"But I've never even play Quidditch. What if I make a fool of myself?"

"You won't," Hermione says. I hadn't even seen her come over. Bella is with her. "It's in your blood."

My sisters and I look at each other.

"Come with me," Hermione says so we follow her inside, along the corridor and stop by the trophy case where Hermione points to something.

There, right in front of me is a plaque with 'Seeker - James Potter' written on it.

"Whoa!" Bam says.

"Dad never told me my real father was a Seeker!" Bella says.

I stare at the plaque with pride.

~Bella's POV~

While we're making our way back to the dorms, I hear scraping behind us and turn to see the railing going into the wall. I think nothing of it until the stairs begin moving.

"What's happening?" Harry asks.

"The staircases change, remember," Hermione says.

The stairs stop and are now leading to another door.

"What do we do?" Ryan asks.

"Let's go this way," I say.

"Before the staircase moves again," Ron says.

We go to the door and enter - it's dark and gloomy, and pretty spooky.

"Does anybody feel like we shouldn't be here?" Ron asks.

"We're not supposed to be here," Hollie says. "This is the third floor."

"What choice do we have?" I ask. "Who knows when the staircase will move again."

"Why don't we go back down and ask if there's another way to the dorms," Bam asks.

A torch lights up by itself.

"That sounds like a good plan," Harry says before we turn to go back, only to find Filch's cat sitting there.

"It's Filch's cat!" Ryan says.