Chapter 14 - Dobby

~Hollie's POV~

Aunt Petunia is making sure I look good and proper for the visit from the Masons when I hear Hedwig squawking.

"Har-ry Pot-ter!" Uncle Vernon shouts and a few seconds later, Harry comes into the room.

"He's in there," Aunt Petunia says.  "Vernon!"

Harry comes into the living room where Uncle Vernon is sorting out Dudley's tie.

"I'm warning you, if you can't control that bloody bird, it'll have to go."

Uncle Vernon locked Hedwig's cage and hid the key but he and Aunt Petunia allows Annie, my cat, to wonder the house freely.

"But she's bored! If I could only let her out for an hour or two..."

"Huh, so you can send secret messages to your freaky little friends? No sir!"

"But I haven't had any messages, from any of my friends, not one... all summer," he lies.

The truth is, I'd been intercepting the mail and we'd had plenty of letters from our friends and Bella, Charlie and Renée, and Carlisle and Esme.  And we'd been writing back too.

"Who'd want to be friends with you?" Dudley scoffs.

"I should think you'd be a little more grateful," Uncle Vernon says.  "We've raised you since you were a baby... given you the food off our table.  Even let you share your sister's bedroom purely out of the goodness of our hearts."

Dudley takes a cherry from the cake Aunt Petunia is fixing.

"Not now bobkins, it's for when the Masons arrive."

"Which should be any minute," Uncle Vernon says before he signals us all into the living room.

"Okay, let's go over our schedule once again shall we? Petunia, when the Masons arrive, you will be...?"

"In the lounge, waiting to welcome them graciously to our home," she replies as she acts it out.

I smirk and roll my eyes at Harry which makes him smile.

"Dudley, you'll be...?"

"I'll be waiting to open the door," she replies like a proper gentleman so I shake my head.

"Hollie....?"

"I'll be sitting here looking pretty with Annie on my lap."

"Good!"

All three of them approach Harry.

"And you?"

"I'll be in my bedroom, making no noise and pretending I don't exist," Harry says.

"Too right you will," Uncle Vernon warns.

"With any luck this could well be the day I make the biggest deal of my career, and you will not mess it up."

Harry nods before he goes back up to his room.

~Harry's POV~

As I go up the stairs, I hear the doorbell ring and Uncle Vernon addressing the Masons before I enter my room.

I stare in disbelief as a short weird gangly creature wearing only a rag for clothes is jumping on my bed and making noises of excitement.

It stops when it sees me.

"Harry Potter, such an honor it is," he says as he bows.

I close my door.