Chapter 16 - Back to Hogwarts

~Bella's POV~

When we reach platform 9 at the station, we are running late. Percy and the twins go through the wall first, followed by Ginny and their parents.

"Let's go," I say before I run at the wall but instead of going through it, I hit it with great force and fall right over my trolley, pulling it down on top of me.

"Bella, are you okay?" Harry asks as he helps me up.

"Oi, what do you lot think you're doing?" the conductor asks.

"Sorry, lost control of the trolley."

Satisfied with this, he turns and walks away.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Let me try," Ron says as he touches the wall all over.

"Why can't we get through?" Hollie asks.

"I don't know, the gateway's sealed itself for some reason," Ron says.

The clock chimes.

"The train leaves at exactly eleven o'clock, we've missed it," Harry says.

"Harry, if we can't get through, maybe Mom and Dad can't get back."

"Maybe we should just go and wait by the car," Hollie says.

An odd look appears on Ron's face.

"The car!" he says.

The next thing we know, we're back in the car and flying upwards over London with Ron driving.

"Ron, I should tell you," Harry says. "Most Muggles aren't accustomed to seeing a flying car."

"Uh right," Ron says before he presses a button which I presume makes the car invisible.

After a while, he presses the button again.

"Oh no, the invisibility booster must be faulty."

"Well come on then, let's go lower. We need to find the train," Harry says.

We go down so we're driving just above the tracks.

"Now all we need to do is catch up with the train," Harry says.

"You mean that train?" l ask and we all look round as the train comes up behind us.

"Pull up, Ron," Hollie shouts so he does and then loses control.

As Ron struggles to regain control, the front passenger door opens and Harry falls out but grabs the handle.

"Harry," Hollie screams before I climb into the front and pull him up and Ron finally gets control.

"I think it's safe to say we found the train," Hollie says as I sit back down with her.

We follow the track until we reach the station, and then over the water until we reach Hogwarts, by which point it's dark.

"Welcome home," Ron says.

The car jerks a little and begins to stutter.

"That doesn't sound good," I say.

Ron loses control again but this time it's like the car is controlling itself and we land in the Whomping Willow before falling backwards and finally landing upright at the base of the tree.

"Well, at least we're all in one piece," Hollie says.

"My wand," Ron says as he holds up his broken wand. "Look at my wand."

"At least it's not your neck," Harry says.

There's another crash.

"What's happening?" Ron squeaks.