Chapter 37 - Seeing Double

~Emberlee's POV~

When I wake up from almost having my soul sucked out by Dementors, I wake up to find Draco and Sirius sitting by my bedside.

"I'm so glad you're both here."

Doctor Carlisle comes over.

"Emberlee, we ran some tests while you were out, and something came up in the results."

"What do you mean?" I ask, a little concerned.

"I ran the test three times just to be sure but there's no doubt about it."

"What?" Draco asks.  "Is it serious?"

"Not to your health as such..."

"Spit it out, man," Sirius says.

"Emberlee, you're pregnant."

"You can't be serious."

I look at Draco, and he looks at me.

"I can't be pregnant."

"Have you and Draco been intimate?"

I nod.

"And have you used protection?"

I shake my head.

"Then you can be pregnant.  You are pregnant."

"But we're only sixteen."

"I can assure you, your body is more than capable of carrying a child."

"I don't know if I'm ready to have a baby."

"You know what," Sirius says.  "I think you'd make a wonderful mother."

"You do?"

"I want to keep it," Draco smiles.  "I think it's about time something good happened to you.  This baby will be the best thing that's ever happened to you."

I smile before Draco hugs me.

"You will always be welcome at mine."

"Thanks for the offer, Uncle Sirius, but I want to stay with Draco."

"Fair enough!"

"Sirius, he's waking up," Bella calls.

"I'll speak to you later," Sirius says as he goes over to see Harry.

"Doctor Carlisle, will I be able to stay at Hogwarts if I'm pregnant?"

"Of course, you won't be showing until about half way through but I will have to inform Dumbledore and your teachers."

I nod.

"You can go now but I will need to check you over every so often, and you will need to inform Lucius seeing as you are living under his roof."

I nod again before Draco takes my hand and leads me back to the bedroom where I take out some paper and a quill and sit at the desk.

'Dear Uncle Lucius and Aunt Narcissa,

There is no easy way to tell you this but I just found out me and Draco are expecting a baby together.  It's sooner than we hoped, and we didn't plan for it to happen while we're still at school but I hope I'm still welcome in your home, and I hope you will help me look after the baby when it is born.

Your loving goddaughter

Emberlee'

"You know they would never kick you out," Draco assures me, having read what I wrote."