Chapter 12 - Trap Door

After detention, the eight of us sit in the common room and I've just repeated what Firenze told us.

"You mean You-Know-Who is out there, right now, in the forest?" Hermione asks.

"But he's weak," Harry says.

"He's living off the unicorns," I continue.

Don't you see, we had it wrong," Hollie says.

"Snape doesn't want the stone for himself... he wants it for Voldemort," Harry says.  "With the Elixir of Life, Voldemort will be strong again."

"He'll..." Hollie begins.  "He'll come back."

"But if he comes back," Ron asks.  "You don't think he'll try to... kill you, do you?"

"I think if he had the chance, he might have tried to kill us tonight," I say with sadness.

"And to think, I've been worrying about my potions final," Ron says.

"Hang on a minute," Hermione says.  "We're forgetting on thing.  Who is the one wizard Voldemort always feared?"

"Of course," I say.  "Dumbledore.  Harry, as long as Dumbledore is around, we're safe.  As long as Dumbledore is around, we can't be touched."

~Hollie's POV~

The next afternoon, while the eight of us are doing our homework among many other students in the hall, the mail arrives.

Bella gets her usual letters from her adoptive parents and her friends but she does not read out the one from Edward because Bam is present so she reads it to herself and then passes it to me to read.

'My dearest Bella, I can't begin to understand your predicament but I can see you are finding this difficult so I will tell you that I am in love with you but I want you to be happy so whoever you choose, I promise I will be supportive, and will always be here for you no matter what, your loving Edward.'

"That's sweet! What do Charlie and Renée say?"

"They say you two can come back to Forks for the summer so you don't have to go back to that horrid aunt and uncle of ours, and that bratty cousin."

"That sounds great," I say as I open a letter from Aunt Petunia and read it to myself.

"Oh no!"

"What's the matter?" Harry asks.

"Aunt Petunia was so annoyed that I did not return for Christmas that if I don't go back there for the summer, they will go to the courts and stop us coming back to Hogwarts."

"Wow, that's harsh," Ben says.

"But nothing is stopping you from coming to mine, right Harry?" Bella asks.

"I may hate it there and Hollie may have it easy but she hates it there too so I can't let her go back there alone."

"A whole summer with those people," Hollie moans.  "At least we have something to look forward to at the end of it.  At least we have an escape for the rest of the year."

We're walking through the courtyard together.

"I always heard Hogwarts' end of year exams were frightful," Bam says.  "But I found them rather enjoyable."

"Speak for yourself," Ryan says.

I notice Harry holding his scar so look at Bella who is doing the same.

"Are you two alright?"

Bella looks at Harry.

"Is yours burning as well?"