Chapter 28 - On the Way to Hogwarts

~Harry's POV~

When I leave my room, a rat runs past me followed by a ginger cat and then a small dog so I follow them to where Ron is holding Scabbers and Hermione is holding Crookshanks.

"I'm warning you Hermione," Ron says.  "Keep that bloody beast of yours away from Scabbers or I'll turn him into a tea cosy."

"He's a cat, Ronald.  What do you expect?"

"Let it go Ron," Ben says.  "Hermione has said nothing about Rogue chasing Crookshanks."

"That's because Rogue is the same size and Crookshanks."

I stop at the foot of the stairs and smile.

"Harry!" Bam says.

Everyone else turns to look at me and they all smile.

"Where's Bella?"

"We don't know," Bam says.  "None of us have heard from her since your birthday."

"I hope she's alright."

We find an empty table and I turn to Ron.

"Egypt.  What's it like?" I ask.

"Brilliant.  Loads of old stuff like mummies, tombs, even Scabbers enjoyed himself."

"You know the Egyptians used to worship cats," Hollie says.

"Yeah, along with the dung beetle," Ron scoffs.

"Not flashing that clipping again are you Ron?" Fred asks as he approaches.

"I haven't shown anyone."

"No, not a soul," Fred says as he grabs the clipping from the table.  "Not unless you count Tom."

"The day maid," George says.

"Night maid," Fred says.

"Cook," George says.

"The bloke who fixed the toilet."

They move round the table and sit down.

"Harry, Hollie," Mrs Weasley says as she walks in.

"Mrs Weasley," we say together as we both stand and give her a hug.

"Good to see you, dears."

"Good to see you."

"I'm so sorry to hear about Bella."

Me and Hollie look at each other.

"What about Bella?" Hollie asks with concern.

"You don't know? Oh dear."

She realises she shouldn't have said anything.

"What's wrong with Bella?" I ask.

"Charlie said she hasn't been well and he doesn't know if she'll return to Hogwarts."

"It's because Edward left her," Bam says.  "He had some sort of hold over her and when he left, she couldn't cope so she became ill."

"What do you mean he left her?" Hollie asks.

"He took her out into the woods where he dumped her, left her alone in the woods and then left town.  In fact the whole family left town," Bam explains, anger in his voice.

"How do you know all this?" I ask.

"When she didn't contact me, I hacked into her email."

"You shouldn't have done that," Hermione says.  "It was an invasion of privacy."