Chapter 22 - Expulsion

~Bella's POV~

Me, Ryan, Edward and Harry are standing the other side of Dumbledore's desk in his office.

"You all realize, of course that in the past few hours, you have broken perhaps a dozen school rules."

"Yes sir," we all say together.

"There is sufficient evidence to have you all expelled."

"Yes sir," we repeat.

"Therefore, it is only fitting that you all receive Special Awards for Services to the school."

He smiles at us and we look at each other with smiles on our faces.

"Thanks sir," Ryan grins.

"Now, Mr Dunn, if you would have an owl deliver these release papers to Azkaban.  I believe we want our gamekeeper back."

Ryan leaves and Edward goes after him so Dumbledore turns to us.

"Harry, Bella, first I want to thank you.  You must have shown real loyalty down in the Chamber.  Nothing but that could have called Reba to you."

"But I don't understand," I say.  "Why would Emberlee's bird come just because Harry showed loyalty when Emberlee hates us?"

"Phoenix's do not know hate, only loyalty and love and they can sense when somebody with only loyalty and love are in danger.  And second, I sense that something is troubling you both."

"It's just... you see sir, I couldn't help but notice certain things, certain... certain similarities between Tom Riddle and us."

"I see.  Well, you can both speak Parseltongue whereas Hollie cannot.  Why? Because Lord Voldemort can speak Parseltongue.  If I'm not mistaken, he transferred some of his powers to you two the night he gave you those scars."

"Voldemort transferred some of his powers to us?"

"Not intentionally but yes."

"So the Sorting Hat was right.  I should be in Slytherin."

"It's true.  You both possess many of the qualities that Voldemort himself prizes.  Determination, resourcefulness, and if I may say so, a certain disregard for the rules.  However, the Hat placed Bella in Gryffindor because she is extraordinarily smart beyond her years.  Why, then, did the Sorting Hat place you in Gryffindor, Harry?"

"I asked to be in Gryffindor," Harry says.

"Exactly, Harry, exactly.  Which makes you different from Voldemort.  It is not our abilities that show what we truly are.  It is our choices.  If you want proof why you belong in Gryffindor, then I suggest you look more closely at this."

He lifts up the bloodied sword which was lying across the table.

Harry takes the sword and we look more closely.  It is engraved with the name Godric Gryffindor.

"It would take a true Gryffindor to pull that out of the hat."

The door bursts open and Lucius barges in with Dobby behind him.

"Dobby!" Harry says.  "So this is your master.  The family you serve is the Malfoys?"

"I'll deal with you later," Lucius says to the House Elf before they both make their way to the desk.

"So it's true.  You have returned."

"When the governors learned that Arthur Weasley's daughter was taken into the Chamber, they saw fit to summon me back."

"Ridiculous."

"Curiously, Lucius, several of them were under the impression that you would curse their family if they did not agree to suspend me in the first place."