Chapter 10 - Christmas Vacation

~Bella's POV~

It's been a few days since the Quidditch match and the seven of us are walking through the grounds with Hagrid.  We have just told him what we believe Snape did to the broom.

"Nonsense, why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?"

"Who knows?" Harry says.

"Why was he trying to get past that dog on Halloween?" I ask.

"Who told you about Fluffy?"

"Fluffy?" I ask.

"That thing has a name?" Hermione asks.

"Well of course he's got a name, he's mine.  Bought him off an Irish feller I met down the pub last year.  Then I left him to Dumbledore to guard the...."

"Yes!" Harry asks.

"Shouldn't have said that.  Don't ask any more questions.  That's top secret, that is."

"But Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it!" Bam says.

"Codswallop," he says as he stops and faces us.  "Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher."

"Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a spell when I see one," Hermione says.

"You need to decide what you pay attention to, Hermione," Ron smirks and she gives him a dirty look before she turns back to Hagrid.

"I've read all about them.  You have to keep eye contact, and Snape wasn't blinking."

"Now you listen to me... all of you... you're meddling in things that ought not to be meddled in.  It's dangerous! What that dog is guarding is strictly between Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel."

"Nicholas Flamel?" Ryan asks.

"I shouldn't have said that."

He turns and begins walking away.

"I should not have said that."

"Nicholas Flamel," Harry says quietly.

"Whose Nicholas Flamel?" Bam asks.

We all look stumped.

It's coming up to Christmas, it's snowing outside, and most of the students are leaving to go home for Christmas.

When I enter the great hall, Harry and Ron are playing chess while Hollie is watching.

As I sit down, Hermione comes in.

"Knight to E5," Harry says and one of the chess pieces moves.

"Queen to E5," Ron smirks.

His piece moves, picks up her chair and smashes the knight.

"That totally barbaric," Hermione says as Ron grins at his win.

"That's wizard's chess," he says.  "I see you've packed."

"I see you haven't," she replies.

"Change of plan... my parents decided to go to Romania to visit my brother Charlie.  He's studying dragons there."

"Good, you can help Harry then.  He's going to go to the library for information on Nicholas Flamel!"

"Actually, Hermione," I say.  "He and Hollie are coming home with me for Christmas."

Both my siblings stare at me in shock.

"What?" Harry asks.

"That's right, I wrote to my parents and they are more than happy to have you both there for Christmas."