Chapter 13 - Going Home

~Harry's POV~

I wake up to find myself in bed in the hospital wing so I sit up, rub my eyes and grab my glasses, before putting them on.

I am amazed at all the cards and sweets that have been brought to me but then my attention is caught by Dumbledore walking in.

"Good afternoon, Harry.  Ah, tokens from your admirers."

"Admirers?"

"What happened down in the dungeons between you, your sisters and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret, so naturally, the whole school knows."

I grin.

"Ah, I see your friend Ronald has saved you the trouble of opening your chocolate frogs," he says as he holds up the empty box.

"Ron was here?" I ask.  "Is he alright? What about the others?"

He holds up his hand.

"Fine, they're all fine!"

I grin again.

"But what happened to the stone?"

"Relax, dear boy.  The stone has been destroyed.  My friend Nicholas and I had a little chat and agreed it was best all round."

"But Flamel, he'll die won't he?"

Dumbledore sits on the bed.

"He has enough elixir to set his affairs in order.  But yes, he will die."

"How is it I got the stone sir? One minute I was staring in the mirror..."

"Ah, you see, only a person who wanted to find the stone – find it but not use it – would be able to get it.  That is one of my more brilliant ideas.  And between you and me... that is saying something."

I smile.

"Does that mean... with the stone gone that is... that Voldemort can never come back?"

"Ah, I'm afraid there are ways in which he can return.  Harry, do you know why Professor Quirrell couldn't bear to have you or your sisters touch him?"

I shake my head.

"It is because of your mother.  She sacrificed herself for you, all three of you.  And that kind of act leaves a mark."

I touch my forehead.

"No, no, this kind of mark cannot be seen.  It lives in your very skin."

"What is it?"

"Love, Harry! Love!"

He places his hand on the top of my hand and stands before going to the end of the bed.

"Ah, Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans.  I was very unfortunate in my youth to come across a vomit flavoured one, and since then I have lost my liking for them.  But I think I could be safe with a nice toffee..."

He removes the wrapper and pops it in his mouth.

"Alas, earwax."

He leaves the room, passing Hollie and Bella on the way out.  Both have their same arms bandaged as me.

"Okay, you don't have to copy me in everything, you know," I snigger and then all three of us laugh.

At dinner that evening, McGonagall taps her glass and Dumbledore stands.

"Another year, gone.  And now as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding.  And the points stand thus... in fourth place, Gryffindor with 312 points."

There's clapping but not with much enthusiasm.

"Third place, Hufflepuff with 352 points."

More clapping but with a little more enthusiasm.

"In second place, Ravenclaw with 426 points."

Clapping!

"And in first place, with 472 points, Slytherin house."

There's cheering and clapping, and I look at Emberlee and Draco who smirk at me.

"Yes, yes, well done Slytherin, however, recent events must be taken into account.  And I have a few last minute points to award."

We all pay attention to Dumbledore.

"To Miss Hermione Granger and Miss Isabella Swan, for the cool use of intellect where others were in grave peril, 50 points each."

Our house cheers and clap as Bella turns to Emberlee and smirks.

"Second for Mr Ronald Weasley, for the best played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen these many years, 50 points."

Cheering and clapping.

"Third, for Mr Ryan Dunn, for his bravery while helping his friends, despite being the least bravest first year we've had in a long time..."

Ryan has a mixture of happiness and offense on his face.

"50 points," Dumbledore continues.  "For Benjamin Bruce, and Brandon Margera for supporting their friends, and pushing their own fear aside, 50 points each."

More cheering and clapping.

"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies.  But a great deal more to stand up to your friends.  I award 10 points to Neville Longbottom."

Neville looks shocked as we clap and cheer, and some pat him on the back.

"And finally, to Mr Harry Potter, Miss Hollie Potter and Miss Isabella Swan, for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor another 180 points."

More cheering and clapping.

"Therefore, if my calculations are correct, a change of decoration is in order."

He claps his hands twice and the flags change from Slytherin to Gryffindor.

"Gryffindor are this year's winners with a staggering 802 points, and win the house cup."

The whole table stand, clap and cheer before everyone except Slytherin throw up their hats.

I look at Emberlee and smirk at her so she gets up and leaves the hall.

As we're boarding the train to go home, I stop by the door and stare at Hagrid.

"Come on Harry," Hollie says.

"One minute," I say before I go over to Hagrid.

"Thought you were leaving without saying goodbye did you?" he asks before he pulls a book out of his pocket.  "This is for you."

I open the cover and inside is a moving picture of me, Hollie, Bella and Emberlee with our parents, probably just before they died.

"Thanks Hagrid!"

He nods before he shakes my hand and I give him a hug.

"Go on, on with you, on you go.  Oh and listen, Harry.  If that dope of a cousin of yours, Dudley, gives you any grief, you can always, um, threaten him with a nice pair of ears to go with that tail of his."

"But Hagrid, we're not allowed to do magic away from Hogwarts, you know that."

"I do, but your cousin don't do he," he winks.  "Hey!"

I go back to the carriage where Hermione, Bella and Hollie are.

"Seems strange to be going home," Hermione says.  "Doesn't it?"

"We're not going home, not really!" Hollie says.

The whistle blows so I climb onto the train and close the door before me, Bella and Hollie lean out the window and wave to Hagrid as the train leave the station.