Chapter 24 - Baseball is a Dangerous Game

The next day, just after breakfast, Dad drives me to the airport to pick up Harry and Hollie because they are staying for a week.

When me and Hollie see each other, we run to each other and hug before I move over and hug Harry.

"So what have we missed?" Hollie asks and I smirk.

Back at the house, me, Bella and Harry play on the Super Nintendo until 1pm when there's a knock at the door.

I leave it for Dad to answer.

"Hey Edward," I hear Dad say so I go to the door.

"Hello, Charlie I'm wondering if Bella, Harry and Hollie would like to play baseball with my family?"

"Baseball? Bella?" he asks.

"You guys wanna play baseball?" I ask my siblings.

"We've never played," Hollie says.

"Oh, you've missed out," Dad smiles.

"Let me get my jacket," I say

Once I've got my jacket we follow him out and I see Alice in the driver's seat.

Hollie and Harry climb into the car.

"Since when did vampires play baseball?" I ask as he places his cap on my head.

"Well, it's the American past time and there's a thunderstorm coming... and you'll see why," he smiles.

"Don't you think you should tell Harry and Hollie about you before you play vampire baseball?"

"Carlisle says we'll tell them when we get there."

Once we get into the car Alice gets out and vanishes.  Edward gets into the driver's seat and drives up to a field where the other Cullens have already set up.

"Right," Carlisle says.  "Harry, Hollie, we cannot give you details and you have to swear not to tell a soul because it could be dangerous for all of us but we're not just witches and wizards."

"We know," Harry says.  "It wasn't hard to figure out with everything that went on at school last year."

"And don't worry, your secret's safe with us."

"Thank you," Carlisle says.

"So are we going to play or not?" Hollie asks.

"Okay," Edward says.  "If you're going to play, there is one rule and that is DO NOT, under any circumstances, try and catch one of our balls."

"Why?" Hollie asks.

"You'll see," Emmett smirks.

There is a clap of thunder and Alice smiles.

"It's time," she announces.

She gets ready to throw and tosses the ball and Rosalie hits and it's very loud like thunder.

"Okay now I see why you need the thunder," I laugh.

"And why we shouldn't go for the ball," Hollie grins.

I watch as the ball goes flying into the woods and Edward speeds off to get it.

"That's going to be a home-run right?" I ask.

Esme shakes her head.  "Edward's very fast," she says.

After she says that she catches the ball and Rosalie dives to home.

"You're out."

Next it's Carlisle's turn.  The game is pretty fun and fast to watch.  When Rose bats again, the ball flies towards me and despite the warning, I don't want her getting a home run.