Chapter 26 - Running Away

~Harry's POV~

When Uncle Vernon returns with his sister Marge, she hands me her brolly and goes into the living room with her stupid dog Ripper.  Hollie hates that dog, he's always picking on Annie so whenever we know Marge is coming; we lock Annie in the bedroom.

"Uncle Vernon," I ask as he removes his wet coat.  "I need you to sign this form."

"What is it?"

"Nothing! School stuff."

"Later perhaps, if you behave."

"I will if she does."

"Oh, you're still here are you?"

Unbelievable, she'd handed me her brolly for goodness sake.

"Yes!" I say.

"Don't say 'yes' in that ungrateful way.  It was good of my brother to keep you."

She turns to Uncle Vernon.

"He'd have been straight to an orphanage if he'd been dumped on my doorstep."

Dudley laughs at something he's watching on TV.

"Oh is that my Dudders, is that my little nephy-poos?"

She puts her arms round him and pulls him back on the sofa and kisses him on the top of the head as Aunt Petunia brings Ripper in and gets him to sit on the sofa next to Dudley.

"Where's my beautiful niece?" Marge asks as she stands up.

"She's not your niece," I remind her.

They ignore me.

"So where is she?"

"Out with her boyfriend," Petunia says.

"Not so little anymore then?" Marge says.

"Take the suitcase upstairs boy," Uncle Vernon orders so I do as he says.

Later, at tea time, Marge, Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia and Dudley are sitting round the table, eating and talking.

Marge puts her place down on the floor for Ripper to lick clean.

"Can I temp you Marge," Uncle Vernon asks as he brings out two glasses and a bottle of Brandy.

"Just a small one.  Excellent nosh Petunia."

I pick up two of the plates and Marge signals me to pick up Ripper's plate which I do before I take them into the kitchen and begin washing them off as I stare at Marge with distaste as she feeds some Brandy to her Bulldog.

"What are you smirking at?" she asks me.

I shrug my shoulders.

"Where is it you send the boy, Vernon?"

"Saint Brutus', it's a fine institute for hopeless cases."

"Do they use the cane Saint Brutus' boy?"

I don't answer but Uncle Vernon gives me a look of warning.

"Oh yeah, I've been beaten loads of times," I lie.

"Good.  I won't have this namby-pamby, wishy-washy nonsense about not hitting people who deserve it."

I turn and smirk as I listen to their nonsense.

"You mustn't blame yourself for how this one turned out, Vernon.  It's all to do with blood, bad blood.  How Hollie turned out the way she did is beyond me."