Chapter 9 - Quidditch

At breakfast the next day, the seven of us are sitting together but Harry isn't really eating.

"Take a bit of toast, mate, go on," Ron says.

"Ron's right Harry, you're going to need your strength today."

"Let him leave his food," Draco says as he passes.  "Gives my girl a better chance of beating him."

He leaves and Hermione watches.

"Ignore them, Harry," I say.  "You're gonna do great out there."

"Good luck today, Mr Potter," Snape says.  "Then again, now you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you... even if it is against Slytherin."

He limps away.

"That explains the blood," Harry says.

"Blood?" Hermione asks.

"Now whose not paying attention!" Ron smirks.

"Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that three headed dog, but he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping."

"But why would anyone go near that dog?"

"The day we were at Gringotts," Hollie says.  "Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults, said it was Hogwarts business, very secret."

"So you're saying..."

"That's what the dog's guarding," Harry cuts her off.  "That's what Snape wants."

We hear the light screeching of an owl and we look up to see Hedwig flying over with a wrapped broomstick.  I smile as he flies overhead and drops the broomstick into Harry's arms before flying away.

"Bit early for mail isn't it?" Ryan asks.

"But I never get mail."

"Let's open it," Ron says.

We untie the string and pull off all the paper.

"It's a broomstick," Harry says with surprise.

"That's not just a broomstick Harry, it's the Nimbus 2000," Bam says.

"But who..." Harry begins before he notices me smiling.

"You're welcome!"

"You bought this for me?"

"I thought you deserved the best broom if you're going up against Emberlee."

"Thank you!"

"Take more than an up to date broomstick to beat me," Emberlee says and we look up to see her standing behind Bam and Ryan, alone this time.

"Keep out of my way today and you'll be sorry."

"Oh, go eat troll dung, Emberlee," Ryan says.  "I'm sure there's some in the dungeon."

"I won't tell you again," she says before she walks away.

~Emberlee's POV~

As I make my way to the starting box with the rest of my team, Draco comes over.

"Good luck!"

"I don't need luck; he's just a little brat.  He won't beat me."

Draco gives me a kiss before I continue with the others.

"Look Emberlee," Marcus says.  "The whole school knows you hate your younger siblings but I want you to leave that hate here, in the box.  Go out there with a clear head and play fair."