Chapter 25 - Decision

When I wake up, there's tubes in my nose and everything is blurry but I realise Mom is sitting on my bed.

"Mom?"

"Hey!"

"Where is he? Where's Edward?"

"He's asleep," she says as she looks across the room.

I follow her gaze to where Edward is pretending to be asleep.

I then remember she doesn't know that he's a vampire.

"I'll go get a nurse," she says and leaves the room.

I turn to Edward and he is already staring at me.

"What happened? Where's James?"

"We took care of it."

He sits down.

"And the woman, Victoria, she ran off."

"Where are Harry and Hollie?"

"They're with Charlie."

I notice the guilty look on his face.

"Hey, what's that look for? I'm alive because of you."

"No, you're in here because of me.  The worst part of it is - I thought I wasn't gonna be able to stop."

"But you did stop."

"Bella, you need to move with your mother to Phoenix so I can't hurt you anymore."

"What?" I ask, panic setting it.  "Are you... no! No!"

I begin stuttering.

"I don't even know what you're... how...? What are you talking about? You want me to go away? I can't... No, I can't... I can't just leave you..."

"I know."

"We can't be apart.  You can't leave me."

"I'm here."

"Okay, just don't... you just can't say stuff like that to me.  Ever!"

"Where else am I gonna go?"

He kisses me on the forehead before he rests his forehead on mine.

The next day it's my, well Hollie's, Harry's, and my birthday.  The Cullens are throwing a party at their house with my friends from town and my friends from Hogwarts.

Edward is picking me up to go and we would meet everyone at the party.  I'm wearing a blue wavy dress, my cast for my broken leg, and one shoe.  Alice came and curled my hair and did my make-up.  I leave my room and go downstairs.  Edward and Dad are already waiting.

"Alice lent me the dress... the cast is..."

"You're perfect," Edward says.

I feel myself blush.

"I'll take care of her Charlie," he promises.

"I heard that before," Dad grumbles.

We go to his car and he pretends to put a spell on it so Dad thinks we're using magic because he still thinks Edward is sixteen.  We get to the venue and there are people going in.

"I'll be back," Edward says as I sit on the bench.

I nod and he goes to park the car.

"Bella," I hear a voice.

I look and see Jacob.

"Jacob hey are you coming in?" I ask.

He sits beside me.  "Yeah, um my Dad told me to talk to you," he says.