Chapter 41 - Quidditch World Cup Match

An old man lights a match and then a hob before placing the kettle of the open flame.  As he prepares the teapot, he glances out the window before continuing.  He stops when he realises he'd seen a light on at the house he keeps for.

He slams the teapot down.

"Bloody kids," he says as he leaves the kitchen.

He grabs his keys, cardigan, cap and torch before making his way up to the house.

He unlocks the door and makes his way upstairs where he hears voices.

"How fastidious you've become, Wormtail," a raspy voice says.

The old man turns off his torch.

"As I recall, you once called the nearest gutter pipe home," the voice says again.

The old man edges slowly toward the door where the light is coming from.

"Could it be that the task of nursing me has become wearisome for you?"

Peter Pettigrew appears through the doorway.

"Oh, no.  No, no, my Lord Voldemort," he says.  "I only meant... perhaps if we were to do it without the children."

"No! The children are everything.  It cannot be done without them.  And it will be done." The raspy voice says as another man appears knelt down next to the sofa where there appears to be a stick arm reaching out.  "Exactly as I said."

"I will not disappoint you, my Lord," the other man says.

"Good! First, gather our old comrades.  Send them a sign."

A large snake slithers past the old man's feet into the room and speaks in Parseltongue.

"Nagini tells me the old Muggle caretaker is standing just outside the door."

The other man looks at the door before Peter blocks his way.

"Step aside, Wormtail, so I can give our guest a proper greeting."

Peter moves out of sight.

"Avada Kedavra!"

There's a flash of green light and a scream.

~Emberlee's POV~

I wake up with a start and Draco looks at me.  We've been sharing a bed since we turned 14 and sleeping together for just as long.

"What's wrong?"

"I just had a nightmare about You-Know-Who."

"Hey," he says as he strokes my hair out of my face.  "He's dead and can never come back."

"How can you be sure?"

"Because I trust my parents, they wouldn't lie to me."

"I suppose.  I wish you didn't have to go back."

"So do I but I have no choice."

"I'm gonna miss you."

"I'm gonna miss you too."

We kiss briefly.

"Draco, hurry up or you'll miss the train," Uncle Lucius calls.  "Then I'll be late for work."

"Coming!" Draco calls.

I hadn't noticed he was already dressed but he gives me another kiss before heading to the door.

"See you at Christmas.  I promise to write every day."

"Same here, I love you."

"Me too."