Chapter 44 - Tournament Preparations

~Bella's POV~

Hermione tells me and Harry that Hagrid wants to see us so now we're walking through the Dark Forest with him.

"Did you bring your father's cloak, like I asked you?"

"Yes, its lucky Sirius sent it back just after Emberlee had her babies."

"How is Emberlee doing?"

"She's doing great, struggling, but doing great," I say.  "She sent the letters just after the babies were born but due to being in hiding, she had to have it go all round the mulberry bush before it came here."

"What did she name them?"

"Draco Sirius, Remus James and Tiger Lily," I tell him.

"Ah!"

"Hagrid, where are we going?" Harry asks.

"You'll see soon enough.  Now pay attention, this is important."

"What's with the flower?" I ask.

"Hagrid, have you combed your hair?" Harry asks.

"As a matter of fact, I have.  You might like to try the same thing now and again."

There's roaring in the background and Hagrid stops.

"Hagrid?" I hear Maxime's voice.

He hurries away but stops and looks at us.

"The cloak! Put the cloak on."

We put the cloak over us and continue to follow Hagrid as he approaches Maxime.

"Bonsoir, Olympe."

"Oh, Hagrid.  I thought perhaps you weren't coming.  I thought perhaps you had forgotten me."

"Couldn't forget you, Olympe."

I laugh quietly when Harry makes a disgusted face.

"What is it you wanted to show me? When we spoke earlier, you sounded so exhilarated."

"You'll be glad you came.  Trust me."

He leads her a few feet and we follow until we see five dragons in cages.

"Can we get closer?" Maxime asks as she walks away.

With her out of ear shot, I lower the cloak so only our heads are showing.

"Dragons? That's the first task?" I ask.

"You're joking?" Harry asks.

"Come on, guys.  These are seriously misunderstood creatures."

One of them breathes fire at us which gets too close.

"Although, I have to admit that Horntail is a right nasty piece of work.  Poor Ron nearly fainted just seeing him, you know."

"Ron was here?" Harry asks.

"Oh, sure.  His brother Charlie helped to bring 'em over from Romania.  Didn't Ron tell you that?"

"They're not exactly on speaking terms right now," I inform our gamekeeper.

"Oh dear!"

~Hollie's POV~

The next day, as we're walking through the grounds, everyone is wearing badges that say 'Cedric Rules, Potter Stinks.'  And everyone is calling him a cheat.

"Hey, why are they only picking on me?" Harry asks.

"Because Ron's been going round saying things," Edward informs us.