Chapter 36 - Revelations

~Harry's POV~

As me, Ron, Bella, Hollie, Hermione and Edward are heading to Hagrid's, to show our support, we pass the executioner as he sharpens his axe.

"I can't believe they're going to kill Buckbeak," Hermione says as we reach the other end of the bridge.  "It's just too horrible."

"It just got worse," Ron says and we stop when we see Malfoy, Pike and Crabbe hiding behind one of the rock pillars, looking down at Hagrid's house.

"Did I tell you, father said I could keep the Hippogriff's head," Malfoy jokes and the others snigger.

Hermione goes down and we quickly follow.

"Look whose here," Crabbe says and the three boys turn.

"Ahhh, come to see the show," Malfoy laughs.

"You foul loathsome evil little cockroach," Hermione says as she pulls out her wand.

Malfoy grabs her wand and snaps it before throwing it to one side so Hermione punches him.

"You won't get away with this Mudblood," he says before he walks away – his cronies at his heel.

"That felt good," Hermione says.

"It does doesn't it," Bella grins.

"Not good, brilliant," Ron smirks.

We hurry down to Hagrid's.

"Oh look at him, loves the smell of the trees when the wind blows through them," Hagrid says when we get to his house.

"Why don't we just set him free?" I ask.

"They'd know it was me, and then Dumbledore would get into trouble.  He's coming down, Dumbledore.  Says he wants to be with me when they... when it happens.  Great man, Dumbledore."

He moves away from the window.

"We'll stay with you too Hagrid," Bella says.

"You'll do no such thing.  Think I want you seeing something like that? No! You just drink your tea and be off.  Oh.  Before you do, Ron..."

He goes to the sideboard and takes something out of a tin before handing Ron back his rat.

"Scabbers!  You're alive!" Ron says with a huge smile on his face.

"Keep a closer eye on your pets Ron," Hagrid says.

A jar breaks on the table and we all look round.

"What was that?" Hagrid asks.

Hermione picks something up before holding out a pebble.

"Something hits the back of my head.

"Ow," I say as turn and look out the window.  I see Dumbledore coming down the path with Fudge and the executioner.  "Hagrid."

He appears behind me.

"It's late.  It's nearly dark.  You shouldn't be here," he says as he moves across the house and starts hiding things.  "If someone sees you outside this time of night, you'll be in trouble."

There's banging on the door.

"With you in a moment," Hagrid shouts.  "Quick, quick," he signals us toward the back door.

Hermione opens it and as soon as the three men enter Hagrid's, we leave and hide behind the pumpkins as we watch and listen through the window.

Hollie gasps and turns toward the trees.