Chapter 43 - Goblet of Fire

~Bella's POV~

We're sitting in the assembly hall as the older students are entering their names in the Goblet.  The Cullens have all entered but I'm not worried because being what they are, if any of them are picked, they can ace this Tournament.

"Eternal glory.  Be brilliant, wouldn't it?" Ryan asks.

"Two years from now, when we're old enough to be chosen," Ron says.

"Yeah, rather you than me," Harry says.

We hear cheering as the twins run through the door, holding vials in the air.

We cheer them, knowing what's in the vials.

"Well, we've done it," Fred says.

"Cooked it up just this morning," George says.

"It's not going to work," I grin.

They appear either side of me and I turn to Fred.

"Oh, yeah?" he says.

"And why's that Swan?" George asks.

"You see this," I point.  "This is an Age Line.  Dumbledore drew it himself."

"So?"

"So a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by a dodge as pathetically dim-witted as an Aging Potion."

"But that's why it's so brilliant," George says.

"Because it's so pathetically dim-witted," Fred says.

They stand and take the potion before stepping over the line.  Everyone cheers.

They place their names in the fire and everyone cheers again.

Suddenly the fire flares out and makes the twins fly backwards where they land on the ground and their hair goes grey.

"You said!" Fred says.

"You said," George says before they start scrapping and everyone eggs them on until Krum comes in.

As he puts his name in, he looks at Hermione and they smile at each other before he leaves.

Later that night, we're back in the assembly hall with the whole school and all our guests.

"Sit down.  Please," Dumbledore asks so we all take our seats.  "Now the moment you've all been waiting for: The champion selection."

He moves his arm round the room, distinguishing the lights before going over to the Goblet and placing his hand on it.  The fire turns red, throws out a piece of parchment which Dumbledore catches, and then turns blue again.

"The Durmstrang champion is Viktor Krum."

We all clap as Krum goes up and shakes Dumbledore's hand.

The process repeats and Dumbledore catches the second piece of parchment.

"The champion for Beauxbatons is... Fleur Delacour."

We all clap again as she goes up and shakes Dumbledore's hand.

"The Hogwarts champion, Cedric Diggory."

More clapping and cheering as Cedric goes up.

"Excellent!" Dumbledore continues.  "We now have our three champions.  But in the end, only one will go down in history.  Only one will hoist this chalice of champions..."

Crouch Senior brings something to the podium covered in a blanket.

"This vessel of victory..." Dumbledore continues.  "The Triwizard Cup."