Chapter 15 - Buying Supplies

~Bella's POV~

It's my thirteenth birthday, and though I wish Harry and Hollie were here, it's nice that my parents hired a minivan and have taken me and my friends to Six Flags theme park.

When we arrive, Emmett doesn't hesitate to drag me to the giant roller coaster but when I look at it, fear suddenly washes over me.

I've never been on a roller coaster this big before.

"I dunno Emmett, it's awfully big."

"Hey baby, I'll look after you."

"Maybe not as the first ride of the day. I need to get my adrenalin going."

"You go on this and nothing will scare you ever again."

"I went up against Voldemort, I don't think anything can be worse than that."

"Exactly, so come on with me."

"I'll come on as well," Jasper says and a wave of calm washes over me as I look at Edward.

"I'll be right there next to you, I swear."

"Okay," I say before we queue up.

When we reach the front, I know I don't really want to do this but that strange calm is still holding back the fear so Edward takes my hand and we climb on with Emmett and Jasper right behind us.

"Are you okay?" Edward asks, still holding my hand.

"Don't let go," I plead.

"I will never let go."

I smile, knowing what he really means.

As the coaster flies round the track, Edward keeps hold of my hand and smiles when I squeeze it.

At the end the coaster, Edward let's go of my hand to climb off and then takes it again to help me off.

I decide there and then I'm not letting go either so he smiles at me before we begin walking hand-in-hand.

After that coaster, I start dragging Emmett, Edward, Jake and Angela on the other rides until we've done all the rides three times.

On the way home, I sit next to Edward and when I rest my head on his shoulder, he puts his arm round me and I must have fallen asleep because I am woken by Edward and see that we're home.

We go into the house where there are banners, balloons and presents.

"How? When?"

"Carlisle and Esme set it up," Dad smiles.

"Thank you," I say as I put my arms round them.

"And we have another surprise," Mom says.

The kitchen door opens and all my friends from Hogwarts come out.

"Wow, really?"

I give them all a group hug.

"Time for presents," Mom says so I sit down next to Edward on the sofa. "No, no, Harry and Hollie sit next to you."

We look at each other with confusion but do as we're told.

Mom hands me, Hollie and Harry a present each so I realise why we had to sit together.

Amongst the presents, Harry gets a Wii with some games, a remote control car, a race track and a new mobile. Me and Hollie also get new mobiles as well as a Tamagotchi each, a Furby each and a china doll each. Mom and Dad also got me a new bike.

After the presents, Mom and Dad go out for the evening, leaving us to enjoy my party without adult supervision.

At around ten o'clock, Edward takes me outside.