Chapter 6 - Bella

~Bella's POV~

I'm riding along my street towards my house with my friends Jake, Edward and Angela, and when we near my house, I see an owl flying nearby and I know what that means.

I speed up and practically jump off my bike as I run into the house.

The post has been picked up so I race into the kitchen.

"Mom, where is it? Where is it?"

She smiles at me as she holds out the light brown envelope which I practically snatch off her and turn over, revealing the wax stamp sealing it.

I rip it open and unfold the letter.

"Dear Miss Swan, we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.... yes, yes, yes," I scream as I jump up and down.

I have been waiting for this letter since I was 10, when I found out I was a witch.  I know Charlie and Renée Swan aren't my real parents and I know my real parents were killed but I couldn't wait to start the famous Hogwarts.

"What's all the excitement?" Angela asks when she and the boys come in.

"I got accepted at Hogwarts."

"Well done, congratulations," Jake says.

"It's going to be amazing."

"So does that mean we're not going to see you for a while?" Jake asks with disappointment.

"I'll come and visit during the summer and at Christmas."

"It's not going to be the same around here without you," Angela moans.

"I'll write," I promise.

Jake and Angela continue to pout but not Edward.  He's fifteen, three years older than the rest of us, and he's the only wizard I know other than his family.

"Say goodbye to your friends, Bella," Mom says.  "We need to go shopping for supplies."

It's the 18th August 2005, two weeks before I'm due to leave and as I look at the list of things I need, I realise I need to start getting sorted.

When Dad gets back from work, the three of us head to a street behind a wall.

"Where are we?"

"This, honey, is Diagon Alley."

"How do you know about this place when you aren't witches?"

"We came here with your parents once."

As I read from the list, we go in and out of different shops, buying the things on the list.

When we reach Ollivanders, we go inside.

"Well, hello, Isabella," Ollivander says.

"How do you know my name?"

"I know all about the famous Isabella Potter."

"I'm afraid you've made a mistake, sir.  My name is Isabella Swan."

"Potter was your birth name," Mom says.

"Right!" I say.

"Now," Ollivander says.  "Let's find you a wand."

He looks around and comes out with a box before taking out a wand and handing it to me.

I wave it like I've seen Edward doing in the past and I knock the old man to the floor.

"Sorry," I say as I put the wand down.