Chapter 38 - Institution of Marriage

~Emberlee's POV~

It's the end of term, and I'm nervous about going home because I haven't heard from Uncle Lucius or Aunt Narcissa since I wrote to tell them telling them I'm pregnant.

"It'll be fine," Draco assures me as we get off the train.

"I'm scared.  What if they make me get rid of it or kick me out?"

"We both want this baby so if they tell you to get rid of it, we'll both leave.  Sirius said you are always welcome at his and I sure he'll let me stay too."

"I guess."

We see Uncle Lucius and Aunt Narcissa across the platform, both have a smile on their faces.  Draco takes my hand as we walk along the platform.

"Congratulations!" Aunt Narcissa says as she wraps her arms round me.  "This is the best news we've had in a long time."

"So you aren't mad?"

"Of course not," Uncle Lucius says.  "It's great!"

"Told you," Draco smiles.

"What about school?" I ask, moving back away from my aunt.

"You'll stay home until the baby is born and then return to school while we look after him for you."

"He?"

"Force of habit," Aunt Narcissa says.

"Thank you," I say as I hug her again.

"We have a request," she says.

"What's that?"

"You've been living with us for thirteen years now, we would love it if you were to call us Mom and Dad."

I suddenly feel uncomfortable.  I don't want to call them Mom and Dad because they aren't my parents.  My parents are dead but my guardians have always been intimidating and I have never argued with them.

"Of course," I lie with a smile.  "Thank you."

Draco takes my hand again as we follow the two adults back to the car.

~Bella's POV~

It's the summer between year 3 and 4 of Hogwarts and I'm sitting in the meadow with Edward.  The meadow which only seems to bloom when we are together.

"Some say the world will end in fire.  Some say in ice.  From what I tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire...." I read from the book in front of me as Edward plays with my hand or strokes my hair.  "But if I had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate, to say that for destruction ice is also great."

Edward begins kissing the side of my head.

"And would suffice," I continue to read as he continues trying to entice me.  "You're terrible."

I turn to him and we begin kissing.

He pulls away first.

"Marry me."

"No."

He laughs briefly before stroking my hair.

"Marry me," he says seriously.

I snigger and turn away briefly.

"Change me."

"Okay, I will if you marry me.  It's called a compromise."

"I'm fifteen, Edward," I moan.  "I can't get married for another three years.  I want to be changed before that.  Marriage is just a piece of paper."