Chapter 45 - Dragons

I'm sitting in the Tent of Champions while Harry wanders around nervously and the others are getting ready.

'Your attention, please,' Dumbledore says in the background.  'This is a great day for all of us.'

A dragon roars.

'Each of the three tasks involves very considerable danger.  Please keep your seats at all times.'

"Pssst," somebody hisses outside the tent.  "Harry? Is that you?" Hollie asks.

"Yeah."

"How are you feeling? Okay?"

Harry says nothing.

"The key is to..."

"Concentrate, I know.  I've already been through this with Bella."

She whimpers a little before she comes into the tent and throws her arms round me.

Just then, a camera flashes and Rita appears at the main entrance to the tent with her photographer.

"Young love."

"Ewww, no," Harry says.  "She's my sister."

"Wow, so all three of the Potter children in one place.  That'll make a great story... Potter child left alone when her siblings are tragically killed in the Triwizard Tournament."

"You are one evil, stirring little bitch," Hollie screams at the reporter.  "Harry and Bella are going to ace this Tournament and come out triumphant.  Mark my works."

"Hollie Potter clings to hope where there is none, great headline."

"You have no business here," Krum says.  "This tent is for champions and friends."

"No matter.  We've got what we wanted."

She begins to leave but stops by the entrance as Dumbledore and the others come in.

"Good day, champions," Dumbledore says.  "Gather round, please.  Now, you've waited, you've wondered, and at last the moment has arrived.  A moment only the five of you can fully appreciate."

He spots Hollie.

"What are you doing here, Miss Potter?"

"Wishing them good luck.  Sorry, I'll just go."

Hollie leaves.

"Barty, the bag," Dumbledore requests.

"Champions, in a circle around me," he says.

He places us where he wants us and then gets Fleur to put her hand in the bag.  She does so reluctantly and pulls out a tiny dragon.

"The Welsh Green," Crouch says.  "Mr Krum."

Krum puts his hand into the bag and pulls out a different dragon.

"The Chinese Fireball," Crouch says before holding the bag in front of Cedric who puts his hand in.

"The Swedish Short-Snout."

He places the back in front of Harry and he puts his hand in.

"The Norwegian Ridgeback.  Which leaves..."

"The Horntail," Harry says.

"What's that boy?"

"Nothing."

I put my hand into the bag and pull out the last dragon.

"The Hungarian Horntail.  These represent five very real dragons, each of which have been given a golden egg to protect.  Your objective is simple: collect the egg.  This you must do, for each egg contains a clue without which you cannot hope to proceed to the next task.  Any questions?"