2

The person opposite said nothing, and the surroundings were deathly silent.

Liu Yao closed his eyes hard, and thoughts emerged from his heart one after another.

Jiuqiao Village is close to the border, and there have been several wars in Zhige Mountain where he is now.

It is said that the bones of tens of thousands of soldiers are buried on the mountain. Even the most experienced hunters in the village dare not climb Zhige Mountain alone after dusk.

There were legends about Yin soldiers, water ghosts, and various mountain monsters. Liu Yao forced himself to open his eyes, just to see what the evil ghost that was about to take his life looked like. Then he saw a clear black shadow cast on him. at his feet.

Dark shadow...

No, Liu Yao reacted suddenly and subconsciously raised his head.

Evil ghosts have no shadows, so the one in front of him was not the ghost he imagined.

"You." Liu Yao choked and carefully looked at the stranger in front of him in the dim sunlight.

This seemed to be a young man in his early twenties, very tall, with mottled blood on his face, and only a pair of dark, cold eyes could be seen.

Liu Yao tremblingly stretched out a hand, first touched the hem of the other person's clothes, and then boldly pinched the other person's fingertips. Finally, he was able to confirm that this person was not an evil ghost, but a living person!

Unfortunately, I was so scared just now that I thought the other party was here to capture him as a scapegoat.

But it's also true that it's not completely dark yet. Even if there really is an evil ghost, it shouldn't appear at this time.

A living person... Liu Yao was so moved that he almost cried, regardless of whether this person was good or bad. Even if he is a bandit and robber, as long as he is alive, he is already satisfied.

It seemed that Liu Yao was very confused by Liu Yao's sudden action of pinching his fingertips. The man's thick black eyes glanced at him, then turned and walked towards the house in the woods.

"My name is Liu Yao, and I live in the village below. What's your name?"

With a living person by his side, Liu Yao was finally not so scared. He quickly grabbed the cloth bag in his arms and got out of the wedding sedan, accidentally tripping in the process.

"I see that you are a bit unfamiliar. You must be a stranger. Why did you come to Jiuqiao Village?"

Foreigners, refugees.

Liu Yao once heard someone say that there is a place called Duanlong Fort north of Yancheng. It was originally within the territory of Qiangwu and was later occupied by the Dacheng imperial court.

Due to the harsh environment and dangerous terrain, convicted officials and their children and relatives were often exiled here.

The so-called "exile to the northwest" most likely refers to the area near Dragon Broken Castle.

Although the man in front of him looks miserable, his clothes are all made of fine brocade, and the pair of boots on his feet alone are expensive. He must be the family member of the guilty minister who escaped from Broken Dragon Castle.

Before Liu Yao could finish his words, the person walking in front suddenly opened the door, and with a heart-wrenching creaking sound, the courtyard door slowly opened.

Liu Yao glanced inside and couldn't help but shudder.

Unlike the mountain temple he imagined, the house in front of him was more like a ghost house often mentioned in storybooks than a temple dedicated to the mountain god.