59

It was already late at night, and the cave was cold and dark. Only the torches that were about to burn out could illuminate a small area.

Although the poisoned part still could not be treated, after working for a long time, Liu Yao finally bandaged most of Yin Yueli's wounds.

After wiping his sweat, Liu Yao washed his hands in the pool water, but his mind was a little confused.

He always felt that he seemed to have forgotten something very important, but he couldn't remember it anyway.

Liu Yao rubbed his eyebrows vigorously.

"What are you thinking about?" The man who was closing his eyes to rest suddenly opened his eyes and looked over.

Under the firelight, perhaps due to excessive blood loss, the other party's face was extremely pale, his thin lips were slightly pursed, but his eyes were as gentle as ever.

Liu Yao shook his head quickly and randomly found a topic.

"No, I just thought that since you are a general, you should have your own personal guards around you. Even if you are surrounded and killed, why don't you find a way to escape directly?"

He actually asked Shao Meng the same question, but according to Shao Meng, he died too early that day and was directly assassinated without knowing anything.

So I don’t know the specific situation twenty years ago.

Yin Yueli raised an eyebrow, seemingly surprised by his question, but in the end he just smiled and said, "I actually have two lieutenants, one named Shao and one named Xun."

Liu Yao looked surprised. Seeing him struggling to get up, he quickly stepped forward to support him.

"I know the person named Shao, but who is the person named Xun?"

"Xun Ran, he is the son of a guilty minister and cannot be promoted based on military merit. Therefore, although he holds the position of deputy general, he does not have a corresponding official position."

Yin Yueli shook his head, but did not say how much he trusted the other party, nor did he say that he had actually written a letter and planned to offer him the position of deputy general after entering the capital. He only spoke in a calm tone.

"He suddenly came over to look for me this morning. He said that he was going to get married soon after he returned. He hoped to offer me a glass of wine. I drank that glass of wine."

That Xun Ran was nothing special. Apart from him, there were countless other "Xun Ran" in the army.

At that time, the army had just returned from victory, and everyone had lost their vigilance, let alone being wary of their companions who had experienced life and death with them.

Liu Yao suddenly understood that neither Yin Yueli nor the thousands of soldiers around him died because of the encirclement and killing, but because of their trust in their companions.

No, there's worse.

Because of the existence of that expert, Yin Yueli

As a mortal, his life is actually a complete calculation from the beginning.

He was born in use and died in use.

There was a tingling sensation between his eyebrows. Liu Yao took a deep breath and looked at the people around him.

"Is this why you want to erase humanity?"

Yin Yueli was stunned, her dark eyes staring at him closely.