47

"Dad, uncle!" A crisp voice came from deep in the cave.

The cold air in the cave dissipated, and there were no shadows or bloodstains anywhere. There were only dozens of bandits lying on the ground in a mess, without any remaining strength to resist.

"Yue'er!" Shen Da, with tears in his eyes, rushed over and hugged his son.

Shen Er next to him was also excited and thanked Liu Yao repeatedly.

"Okay, as long as everything is fine," Liu Yao waved his hand, "The remaining children are also inside. You are responsible for taking care of them and tying up these bandits. Yue Li and I... Well, let's go outside first. Turn around and see if there are any other bandits hiding nearby."

"Okay," Shen Er nodded quickly, "Leave this place to us, please be more careful."

Liu Yao told Shen Er and pulled the people around him out of the cave.

Just now, Shen Da and Shen Er were affected by the illusion and found nothing. They only thought that the bandits were knocked unconscious by immortal magic. However, he saw some with the help of the golden talisman's ability and heard the last words of the fat bandit. sentence.

Uncle Xu was right. This group of bandits were deserters who were former border guards. They had been hiding in the mountains and forests, and they were also related to what happened twenty years ago.

Before Liu Yao could ask, Yin Yueli spoke first, "They are indeed my soldiers. The siege that year was a secret order from the late emperor. The reason was that I was collaborating with the enemy and treason and intending to commit rebellion. At that time, many soldiers were dubious. Worried that there was something hidden in it, in order to avoid being silenced by the court, I escaped first."

Yin Yueli's tone was calm, and no emotion could be heard.

Most of the deserters were captured, a small number were hidden in various places, and the rest who had nowhere to go naturally became bandits.

Liu Yao leaned over and carefully held His sleeve, "But you didn't kill them just now."

With the opponent's ability, it should be easy to kill these bandits.

Moreover, these people had betrayed Him before, but He only used illusions to scare all the bandits out, instead of directly killing them.

"I just suddenly felt bored." Yin Yueli looked outside. The cave was dark, and occasionally the sharp sound of wind could be heard coming through the gaps.

The hatred of the past has disappeared. To Him, these people are nothing but grass on the roadside. Life or death has nothing to do with Him.

Rather than killing people happily, he wanted to stabilize his mind and maintain his remaining humanity as much as possible.

"I don't know how long I can stay awake." Thinking of what happened before, Yin Yueli said softly, reaching out to caress

He stroked Liu Yao's cheek.

"But if you are willing, I can guarantee that as long as I can stay awake for a day, I will stay by your side and will never leave."

"Not good." Liu Yao was silent for a while and then suddenly spoke.

Yin Yueli was stunned and looked down at him in confusion.

Liu Yao shook his head firmly, "So what if I'm not awake? The worst I can do is turn into a black shadow again. I won't leave anyway."

He had already seen that black shadow, and it was probably the other party's true form. Although it's a little scary, it should still be bearable.

Or it didn't matter if it was the previous state of stripping away humanity. Liu Yao took a deep breath, as long as he could be given a little more time to adapt.