56

Liu Yao slept deeply, almost dreamless all night, and he didn't know what time it would be when he woke up again.

After finally struggling to get up, he found that there was darkness around him.

No light could be seen either inside or outside the house.

Is it cloudy?

Liu Yao shook his head in confusion, stuffed the black cat in his arms into the quilt, put on his robe and looked out the window, only to see that there was no snow outside, only a full moon hanging brightly in the sky.

Liu Yao frowned slightly, wondering if he was sleepy.

But no, judging from his current level of hunger, it should be at least close to noon in the morning. How could it not be dawn yet?

Because of Liu Yao's movements, the black cat in the quilt also woke up, blinked, raised his head and gave a "meow" to Liu Yao.

"It's okay, don't be afraid."

Liu Yao held the kitten in his arms, but kept looking at the full moon outside the window.

The black cat rubbed his cheek, seeming to comfort him.

"Young master, you're awake." Hearing Liu Yao's voice, Shao Meng entered the room with breakfast.

"What time is it now?" Liu Yao turned around and asked.

"At the end of the day," Shao Meng looked through the screen and noticed that the face of the person inside was a little pale, and quickly put the dinner plate on the table, "Young master doesn't look good, do you want to call the doctor?"

Liu Yao was stunned, subconsciously put his hand on his lower abdomen, and spoke after a long time.

"No, I asked the doctor to take a look at it yesterday. It's not a big deal. We'll talk about it later."

Shao Meng didn't know why.

It's not a big deal, which means something still happened. But why do we have to talk about it after a while? Is there any inconvenience?

Although Shao Meng was confused, he couldn't ask in detail, so he could only continue the topic, "As long as nothing happens, by the way, something seems wrong in the city today. You should go out and take a look."

It was the end of the hour, that is, it was close to noon.

Liu Yao looked out the window and without much hesitation, "Let's take a look outside first and stop by the teahouse. If it's really unsafe, let Uncle Xu move here first."

Liu Yao had a simple breakfast, picked up the half-asleep black cat, and followed Shao Meng out of the house.

When they got to the street, they realized that Shao Meng's words were too simple.

The situation outside today is far from being described by just saying "something is wrong."

The cold silver moon was so bright that it was almost eerie. Under the moonlight, the streets were crowded with people.

Busy and busy, as if they were busy doing their own things during the day.

The gangsters on the run, the policemen patrolling the streets, and the vendors selling goods on the street corners.

But among these people, you can occasionally see a few passers-by with gray faces and staggering steps.

He passed by everyone as if he were a walking zombie.

"These people are already..." Liu Yao hugged the black cat tightly in his arms and subconsciously looked at Shao Meng beside him.

"They are dead." Shao Meng looked solemnly and raised his hand to point to the front. "Young master, look at the alley over there. You should recognize those two people."