10

A rustling sound came from the fence, and Liu Yao frowned slightly. In fact, he was not sure whether he had mistaken the shadow for a black cat.

Taking advantage of the light in the window, Liu Yao cautiously took a step forward.

According to rural customs, meeting a black cat near dusk is actually very unlucky. There are even rumors that these black cats are transformed by evil spirits. They just take the appearance of black cats and trick those who come into contact with them into traps. .

The black shadow flickered, and Liu Yao suddenly took half a step back. He saw double-pointed ears emerging from the black shadow, and gently pushed open the loose fence.

That's right, it's an ordinary black cat.

Liu Yao breathed a sigh of relief, squatted on the ground quickly, put the firewood in his arms aside, and waved in the direction of the kitten.

"Do you live around here? Are you hungry? Do you want me to get you something to eat?"

The black cat hid behind the snowdrift, watching him quietly, almost blending in with the shadows around him.

After waiting for a long time, just when Liu Yao thought that the other party was too timid to come close, the black figure stepped in front of him, swung its tail, and rubbed his fingertips with its head.

Probably after staying outside for a long time, the black cat's fur was a little cold. Liu Yao couldn't help but be happy and reached out to hug the black cat.

"Good boy. It's been cold lately. I'm going to ask my aunt if she can let you stay for one night."

The black cat was unusually quiet, just looking up at him.

Aunt Feng Wen was still discussing with Liu Anru about seeking medical treatment from a doctor, and was a little surprised after hearing his request.

But he finally agreed and asked Liu Yao to clean the kitten to avoid soiling the mattress.

Because Uncle Liu Yao has been weak all year round, there is a room specially used for bathing next to the bedroom. There is a separate fire in it, which only needs to be burned. There is no danger of catching wind chill even in winter.

The black cat was not big, so Liu Yao found a wooden basin that he often used to wash his face, dug out an old cotton cloth, and carried the black cat into the next room.

He lit the fire in the room, poured half a basin of hot water into it, and put the whole black cat into the water.

"Let's wash it quickly and put you next to the stove to dry later, and then you can have dinner."

Liu Yao rolled up his sleeves and was about to wash his hands. The black cat, who had been very obedient just now, seemed to be very afraid of water and began to struggle without any warning.

"Hey, don't move, you'll catch a cold later!" Liu Yao didn't dare to let it run out at this time, so he quickly held it down and accelerated the scrubbing speed.

"Be good, you can clean it up soon. There is fish in the kitchen today. After washing it, I will get it for you, okay?"

Maybe it was because he wanted to eat the fish, but the black cat finally stopped struggling so much. Liu Yao took the time to clean it carefully from top to bottom. After cleaning it, he took it out and wrapped it in cotton cloth. When he turned around, he found that the black cat was in the basin. There's something strange about the water.

Logically speaking, the black cat was a wild cat and had just run over from the field, so it should be covered in mud. However, the water in the tub is not that dirty now. Instead, it has a faint blood red color.