21

Winter was approaching and the days were getting shorter. When Liu Yao woke up, it was still dark outside. He got up from the bed and stared at the Xipa on the pillow with some worry.

After two nights of unremitting efforts, Liu Yao finally succeeded in embroidering a complete mandarin duck. Unfortunately, the shape was weird, more like a wild duck with messy fluff by the river than a mandarin duck.

Liu Yao sighed and couldn't help feeling a little frustrated.

There were manors, shops, and boxes full of betrothal gifts. Yin Yueli had done everything he could to deal with this overly hasty marriage, even far exceeding expectations.

On the other hand, not only can't I be of much help, I can't even embroider a small hikerchief neatly.

"Why are you still in a daze?" Aunt Feng Wen opened the door and came in, putting the hot water in her hand on the shelf, "wash your face quickly, your Aunt Gu is coming over later. The wedding dress you bought earlier doesn't fit well. Let her help you change it."

Because the wedding date was so urgent, the wedding dress and wedding quilt were all bought in a silk and satin shop.

It's okay to be happy, as long as there are no mistakes in the pattern, but Liu Yao was born thin, and the newly bought wedding dress was more than a circle bigger than him, and it couldn't hang at all, so it had to be altered before it could be used.

Aunt Gu was from Quanfu and was good at needlework. If anyone in the nearby village needed help getting married, they would usually go to her.

By the way, needlework is good.

Liu Yao's eyes lit up, "Aunt Gu, if you have some free time recently, after you finish changing the wedding dress, can you also let her teach me simple needlework?"

"I guess not," Feng Wen thought for a moment and said, "A big event happened in their village last night, and people are in panic. It's rare to find time to help you change your wedding dress. I shouldn't have time to teach you needlework."

Aunt Gu lives in Mingxi Village, not far from Jiuqiao Village, and can be reached on foot in a quarter of an hour or two.

"What big thing could happen?" Liu Yao asked doubtfully.

In a small village like theirs, just losing a pig or a sheep can be considered a big deal.

"I don't blame you, Aunt Gu, for being worried. Something big happened," Feng Wen said softly, "Liang Jinlong, the carpenter your parents found for you before, went crazy last night."

Carpenter Liang is dead?

Liu Yao was startled, almost thinking that he heard wrongly.

Just as his aunt said, by the time Liu Yao had breakfast, news about Carpenter Liang's death had spread everywhere.

To be precise, Carpenter Liang did not die of madness directly, but a neighbor found a female body in a dry well at his house and reported it to the Yancheng government, which led to the government officials leading people to Mingxi Village in the middle of the night.

And the female corpse was none other than Liang Carpenter's last wife, who was said to have been washed away by the river, and even her body could not be found.

"It's so scary." My sister Cui Lian'er came over early in the morning and pulled Liu Yao into the house with a pale face. "How could there be such a vicious person in this world? They all said that Carpenter Liang's wife couldn't bear the beatings she made. Come on, he jumped into the river and died, who would have thought that he was strangled to death with a rope by his own hands."