Extra 9

Only dead people in this world have neither heartbeat nor breathing.

The red candle on the table swayed gently. Autumn had just begun, but the weather was extremely cold, and there were thin shadows climbing up from the corners of the wall.

Liu Yao froze on the spot, and it took him a long time to realize the fact.

Yue Li is dead?

But how could it be? It was clear that not long ago, the other party was smiling at him, talking to him, saying that he was a little drunk, and told Liu Yao to rest early and leave him alone.

Liu Yao rolled and sat up from his bed, almost falling to the ground.

He must have made a mistake. Yue Li was just sick. As long as he could find a doctor quickly.

Because the prince was considerate, there was an imperial doctor accompanying him in the palace, who was responsible for helping Yin Yueli take care of his body on a daily basis.

The imperial doctor's surname was Zhong. Liu Yao had met him before and knew that he was an excellent doctor. It should have been less than half a quarter of an hour since the person next to him stopped breathing.

If treated in time, he might be able to be saved.

Liu Yao calmed down, quickly wiped away his tears, and greeted the maid outside the door. However, before he could speak, a hand beside him suddenly held him down.

"Yueli?" Liu Yao subconsciously turned around and said in a tone of surprise, "You're okay. You scared me to death just now. Just lie down and don't move. I'll call the imperial doctor over right away!"

"Why call the imperial doctor?" The person who had just woken up seemed a little confused.

Liu Yao was stunned for a moment, and suddenly felt that the hand holding him was freezing cold, with almost no warmth at all.

"You... haven't woken up, so I want to ask the imperial doctor to come over and take a look."

"Don't worry," Yin Yueli had not yet completely sobered up from his drunkenness, so she stroked his hair soothingly, "rest first, I'm fine."

Liu Yao felt the palms falling on his hair and was speechless for a long time.

This scene was too familiar. It was the same when he rescued Yin Yueli at the foot of Linfeng Mountain a year ago.

At that time, the other party was too seriously injured, and Liu Yao didn't know any medical skills, so he could only find some herbs based on experience to help him stop the bleeding.

Many times in the middle of the night, the other party would have a high fever due to the wound. Liu Yao was afraid that he would die of illness, so he would guard him almost all night, and would check his breathing every once in a while to see if he was still alive.

Occasionally, when Yin Yueli wakes up from a high fever, he will reach out and touch his hair like before, saying don't worry, just rest first, I'm fine.

The seriously ill young man had an unhealthy redness on his face, but his tone was...

Indescribable tenderness.

Just like now.

Liu Yao grabbed the hand and probed his breath again, and found to his despair that there was still no breath in it.

Yet the man who was supposed to be dead was still talking to him.

"Why are you crying? Who bullied you? Are you still feeling unwell?"