44

Because the other Yin soldiers were still busy cleaning up the inside of the mausoleum and no one was driving, Liu Yao simply hired an ordinary carriage and headed all the way to Yancheng.

The sun was shining brightly, but the roads on both sides still had freshly fallen snow that hadn't had time to be cleared, so I looked around. It seems that the whole world is completely white.

The carriage has no curtains, and occasionally you can see acquaintances passing by and greeting Liu Yao with a smile.

"Where have you been these two days? I sent you something yesterday, but no one came to open the door after calling for a long time." Pan Cheng was carrying a bamboo basket on his back and wearing a thick cotton robe. He seemed to be planning to go to the mountains to collect some firewood. .

"I went out and just came back this morning." Liu Yao said with a smile while lying on the car window.

"Just come back, come on," Pan Cheng said, handing him a paper bag, "This is something your aunt made. It's sweet. Take it and try it with your aunt."

"Thank you, Uncle Pan." Liu Yao reached for the paper bag and opened it to find a bag of candied dates.

Bright color, transparent with core, and tastes crisp and refreshing.

Liu Yao ate two pills and was about to give Yin Yueli a taste when he found that the other person was staring at him in a trance, not knowing what he was thinking about.

No, Liu Yao tilted his head and thought about it. In fact, since this morning, the state of the people around him has been a bit wrong. They are too quiet and occasionally talk to themselves.

It couldn't be that last night's loss of control left any impact.

Liu Yao suddenly became nervous, thrust a candied date into his hands, and cautiously asked, "What's the matter? If you feel unwell, let's go back early."

Yin Yueli took the candied dates, but did not answer Liu Yao's words. Instead, he asked another question, "Are you familiar with the people in the village?"

No wonder Yin Yueli was confused, it wasn't that far from here, but already five or six villagers came close to talk to Liu Yao, either caring about where he had been in the past two days, or giving him something to eat.

Seeing that the other party's tone was normal, Liu Yao felt relieved and nodded.

"Of course, I grew up in a village, and my parents didn't care about me in the past. The elders in the village often kindly provided me with clothing and food. If it hadn't been like this, I probably wouldn't be alive now."

It is precisely because of this that when Li Zheng came to find him at first, Liu Yao was not so repelled by being a sacrifice. Even if his father did not plan for money and simply asked him to sacrifice for the villagers, he would probably be willing.

Yin Yueli listened quietly, glanced at the withered grass outside the village, and finally said what he had been thinking about for a long time.

"Do you want me to let you go?"

Liu Yao was stunned, his hand holding the candied dates paused, and his heart sank, "What do you mean?"

"I just want to let you go back to the village and let you live your old life." Yin Yueli remained as calm as ever, with almost no fluctuations in his voice. "The matter of the sacrifice has been written off. I will not disturb you again, nor will I take revenge." Your village, just pretend that nothing happened.”

Before he could finish speaking, Liu Yao suddenly rushed over and grabbed him by the collar, "You want to divorce me?"

"Huh?" This time Yin Yueli was stunned.