24

It was past midnight in the manor at night, but the heavy snow outside the window still did not stop.

In the bedroom, Liu Yao was in a state of disbelief, and in his mind were still the shadows that he could not get rid of before, as well as the miserable screams of those Qiang people before they died.

Countless thoughts swirled in his heart, and in the end there was only an unsolvable fog left.

Someone seemed to be coming over and trying to get close to his shoulder. Liu Yao subconsciously stepped back. When he raised his head again, he found that Yin Yueli was looking at him calmly.

"You don't look good." Yin Yueli put the hot tea on the table. Just as he was about to reach out, he was dodged again. "Don't be afraid. It's all over. They won't hurt you again."

Liu Yao said a small "Yeah" and curled up on the corner of the bed, staring at the cloth strip used to wrap the wound on his wrist, and couldn't help feeling a little apologetic in his heart.

He knew that Yin Yueli had done nothing wrong, but what happened before was so horrifying that even the mere presence of someone approaching him would make him uncontrollably fearful.

"This is your first time seeing someone die in front of you, so it's normal for you to be affected," Yin Yueli said softly, "Would you like to eat something? Go to bed early after eating. You should be fine when you wake up tomorrow."

Liu Yao lowered his head and said nothing, the bloody scene from before reappeared in his mind.

"I don't want to eat anything," Liu Yao said after a while, "You go back to sleep first, I can do it myself."

Yin Yueli looked at him for a moment, finally nodded, helped him put on his clothes, turned and left the room.

The room instantly became quiet.

The lamps on the table were bright, casting thick shadows on the terrazzo floor, and snowflakes rustled on the windows.

There seemed to be wind blowing in, causing the candlelight to sway slightly. Liu Yao choked up and suddenly regretted letting the other party leave.

Just as he was considering whether to go next door to find his uncle and the others, the door was pushed open again, and Yin Yueli walked up to him carrying a bamboo basket.

"Why are you back again?" Liu Yao asked with red eyes.

He sniffed, his hands still clutching the quilt tightly, and his tearful eyes looked particularly pitiful.

"We're getting married in a few days. Your wedding dress hasn't been embroidered yet, so I brought it for you." Yin Yueli sat on the edge of the bed and raised her hand to wipe his cheek.

Liu Yao lowered his head and realized that the other party was right. The bamboo basket contained the red cloth and needle and thread he used to embroider the Xipa.

Liu Yao's eyes were filled with tears.

At this time, if he was asked to embroider a hippa, would he still be humane?

As if she found the tearful expression in his eyes very interesting, Yin Yueli curled her lips and smiled.

"Your aunt said that every time you are scared, you will think about it non-stop. Instead of letting you think about it all the time, it is better to find something else for you to do."

"Of course it's okay if you don't embroider it," Yin Yueli said with a calm expression, "Then you'll have to marry with half a mandarin duck's wedding dress on your head."

Still half an unembroidered mandarin duck.

The previous Xipa had been embroidered badly by Liu Yao and had been discarded long ago. He embroidered this piece again under the guidance of his aunt.