17

Due to the change of store owner, the Xiangming Teahouse had a temporarily closed sign outside its door. Liu Yao was led by Uncle Xu to the private room on the second floor of the teahouse.

Yin Yueli is sitting at the table, wearing a sky-blue gold-woven robe, holding a cup of hot tea in his hand, his eyebrows are still light, and there is more indescribable nobility than when he was in the house on the mountain. .

Liu Yao paused, suddenly not knowing what to say.

He had previously thought that the young man's willingness to agree to discuss marriage was largely due to his own poverty and his eagerness to find a convenient place to stay.

That doesn't seem to be the case now.

Being able to spend hundreds of taels of silver to buy a tea house, even if the other party does not marry her, the other party should be able to easily establish a foothold in Yancheng.

"Why don't you come over?" Yin Yueli put the tea cup in his hand on the table with a confused expression.

In order to make it easier to work, Liu Yao did not wear any extra decorations, and his hair was simply combed behind his head, which made him look fresher and cleaner against his flushed cheeks.

Yin Yueli raised the corners of her lips slightly, but before she could speak, she was hurriedly interrupted by the person in front of her.

"You..." Liu Yao clenched his sleeves, not knowing exactly how to ask.

It's obviously not possible to directly ask about his net worth, but he can't make any insinuations, which makes it seem like he cares about money.

Or simply ask the other person if he really likes you, so he agreed to the engagement?

no.

Liu Yao's face became even hotter. Although he was not used to being reserved, he was not so thick-skinned.

But even if you don’t ask, you won’t be able to feel at ease.

Liu Yao felt that if he didn't figure out this problem as soon as possible, he might not be able to sleep well at night.

"There's something I want to ask you..." Liu Yao took a deep breath.

"I'm asking about the wedding date," Yin Yueli nodded clearly, "I've already asked someone to check, and the day after tomorrow will be very good. We have a shop, and the yard for the wedding has been bought. Why don't we get married the day after tomorrow? Bar."

"The day after tomorrow!" Liu Yao was startled and almost choked on his own saliva.

"Is it too late?" Yin Yueli knocked on the corner of the table and thought for a moment, "I actually think it's a bit late, so let's do it today. It's still early. If we prepare quickly, we should have time before dark."

today?

Liu Yao was really frightened. He immediately threw his previous worries behind his head and hurriedly walked up to the young man.

"Not today, it's too fast, and my aunt and uncle won't agree."

"What about you?" Yin Yueli took his right hand, "Aren't you willing too?"

The young man's eyes were dark, as if all the light falling inside would disappear without a trace.

"No," Liu Yao lowered his head as his hand was being held, not noticing the shadow in the other person's eyes. "It's not that I'm unwilling, it's just that it's too fast. People in the village will think that we are in such a hurry to get married. What's wrong with us?" Hidden secrets."