51

The scholar's expression suddenly changed. Yin Yueli didn't need to say anything this time, everyone could see it.

Shopkeeper Cui looked at his son-in-law in surprise and was speechless for a long time.

"Everyone is watching what I do," the scholar was a little flustered, but he still pretended to be calm and said, "Even if the well water is really poisonous, what does it have to do with me? Am I crazy for poisoning my own well water? ?”

"But you...have indeed never eaten at home recently." Shopkeeper Cui's daughter murmured.

"That's because I've already eaten it at the academy," the scholar said angrily, pointing in the direction of Liu Yao, "Oh, I understand, you were actually the one who poisoned me."

"What kind of monsters are causing trouble, what kind of well water is poisonous, you all arranged it in advance, just to make it mysterious and cheat money from our family!"

"You can't say that," before Liu Yao could speak, the middle-aged man said dissatisfiedly, "The incident about the immortal master only started to spread yesterday, and the incident about the monster has been happening for more than ten days. Is there someone in your family?" What a mountain of gold and silver, it’s worth the immortal master’s efforts and calculations.”

Liu Yao shook his head secretly. Although this scholar seemed smart, he actually had limited courage. So before the evidence came out, he got into trouble.

This time there was no need to report it to the official, everyone in the courtyard had already noticed that something was wrong.

The backyard was dark, with only a lantern lighting up under the eaves. Several waiters were whispering nearby, and Shopkeeper Cui's face became darker and darker.

"It's really not me," the scholar also realized that he was overreacting. He quickly turned to Shopkeeper Cui and said, "Dad, you know me. I will take the provincial examination soon. There is no need to risk doing such a thing."

"Dad." The woman couldn't help but call out in a low voice.

Shopkeeper Cui took a deep breath, and was about to let everyone disperse until the truth was found out, when he suddenly heard a middle-aged man not far away saying "Huh".

"I remembered," the middle-aged man patted his knee and pointed at the scholar. "I have seen you near the city gate before. At the beginning of last month, I saw you standing with a woman in blue. Together, he said that he did not plan to take the provincial examination, and asked the other party to wait for a few more days, and then go find her when the matter is settled."

The middle-aged man knew Shopkeeper Cui and the scholar, but he didn't take a closer look at Shopkeeper Cui's daughter. At that time, he just thought it was the couple whispering and didn't take it seriously.

Now when I heard what the scholar said that the provincial examination was about to take place, I suddenly remembered.

If you think about it carefully, you will find that the woman you saw that day had an oval face and was not short. She was not the daughter of Shopkeeper Cui at all.

Son.

Oh, all the onlookers suddenly realized that there was someone else outside. So he planned to poison and rob the family property, but accidentally harmed his neighbors.

"And this is easy to verify," as if that wasn't enough, the middle-aged man continued, "Since this kid doesn't plan to take the provincial examination, he will naturally not study hard anymore. He only needs to ask someone to go to the academy to ask the master and Classmate, you should be able to figure it out soon."