50

After struggling for a long time, Shopkeeper Cui didn't figure out what was wrong with his son-in-law.

He could only wave his hand and say don't worry about him, and then invited Liu Yao and the others into the house, intending to elaborate on the previous monster's troubles.

During this period, a middle-aged man named Zhou Cheng from next door also rushed over. When he entered the room, he enthusiastically handed Liu Yao a whole box of preserved fruits and said with a silly smile.

"It's already so late. Could you please take the time to come over? This is the best-selling sweet-scented osmanthus and apricot preserves in our store. Try it. If you like it, I will send you a few more boxes tomorrow."

Liu Yao took it and thanked him, and was about to put it with the zongzi candies from before when he found that the middle-aged man was still standing there, looking at him expectantly, as if he wanted him to taste it now.

Liu Yao couldn't refuse, so he could only open the food box and eat a preserved apricot, and then gave one to the people around him.

I have to say that the preserved apricots brought by the middle-aged people are indeed very delicious.

The apricot flesh is soft and glutinous, sour and sweet, and has a strong scent of osmanthus. It is a taste that Liu Yao has never tasted before.

"How is it?" Liu Yao asked softly.

Seeing that he was eating happily, Yin Yueli was not as impatient as before. She raised her hand to wipe the frosting from the corner of his mouth.

Liu Yao's cheeks turned red and he quickly took out the handkerchief to wipe the other party's hands.

"Ahem," Shopkeeper Cui couldn't help coughing after seeing the interaction between the two, "Um, what did you just say?"

"Dad," the woman poured a cup of tea for Shopkeeper Cui, "I just talked about meeting Bai Ying at night."

"That's right, the white shadow," Shopkeeper Cui nodded quickly, "It's very scary. It's just in the backyard, and it disappears in the blink of an eye."

White shadow?

Hearing what Shopkeeper Cui said, Liu Yao didn't care about eating any more preserved apricots. He raised his head and asked, "Are you sure it's not the white cloth hanging in someone's house? And if it's just a white shadow, how can you say it must be a monster?"

"It's not just white shadows," the woman added, with a look of fear on her face, "occasionally you can hear cats meowing, and by the next morning, there will be many dead animals at the door. Sometimes it's mice, Sometimes it’s a gecko, which is torn into several bloody pieces and laid out on the ground.”

Liu Yao imagined the scene described by the woman and couldn't help but frown.

But it's still a bit strange. If there really is a monster, why would the dead animal be placed in front of Shopkeeper Cui's house? It can't be just to scare the family.

"The same goes for my family," said Zhou Cheng next to him.

Then he said, "The white shadow, the cat's meowing, the blood stains in front of the door, these are all in my uncle's house, and last night..."

The middle-aged man swallowed his saliva and said with some difficulty, "I saw it with my own eyes. The shadow of a cat that was taller than a human was standing outside the window where I slept. Its fluorescent green eyes were staring at me. It was absolutely It’s definitely a monster!”

"Is it possible that it is a real kitten?" Liu Yao asked tentatively.

After all, a cat's eyes can glow at night, and the shadow can be big or small. Just because the shadow is big, doesn't mean the original thing is equally big.