16

Not wanting to waste time where he was, Liu Yao didn't speak anymore, bypassed his stepmother and sister and walked straight into the silk shop on West Street.

The Qian's Silk and Satin Shop is not big, with a narrow front. The shopkeeper is a middle-aged man in his early forties, not tall, with a rich face. When he saw Liu Yao, he suddenly showed an expression of surprise.

"Isn't this Xiaoliu? Why are you here in your spare time?"

"Shopkeeper Qian." Liu Yao greeted a little embarrassedly.

He had worked as a clerk in this silk and satin shop for more than half a year, but he had to quit his job because of the sacrifice. Good shopkeeper Qian. Not only did he not take away the silver reward given to him by the guest, but he also paid him fifty more wages before leaving.

Unexpectedly, less than half a month later, he would come back again.

Sure enough, shopkeeper Qian touched the beard at the corner of his mouth. He was also surprised at Liu Yao's purpose of coming this time and couldn't help showing a troubled expression.

"I'm sorry, the day you left was when the store had the most business. I just hired two clerks, and there is no shortage of people in the store now."

"That's good, why don't you wait first," shopkeeper Qian actually felt a little pity, so he simply took a step back and said, "A famous clerk in my store plans to return to his hometown to get married. I should be able to make room for you after the end of the year."

Shopkeeper Qian was very satisfied with Liu Yao, a hard-working and hard-working man. However, both men were just hired, so it was not easy to fire one of them now.

It was too late at the end of the year. Liu Yao frowned slightly and thought for a moment to ask.

"What about the other stores nearby? Are there any that need to recruit waiters or workers recently?"

"No," shopkeeper Qian recalled and shook his head, "Business has been very busy during this period. If there is not enough manpower, I have probably already thought of a solution. It won't be delayed until now. If you are really anxious, you can go to the inn on West Street and ask for help. Ask, they seem to be looking for someone who can stay on duty at night these past two days."

Night watch is not possible.

Liu Yao could only thank shopkeeper Qian and said he would go and ask somewhere else.

After leaving the silk and satin shop, Liu Yao was in a bad mood. He pretended not to see his stepmother and sister waiting outside the door, and planned to go to the East Street to have a look.

However, before walking out of the street, he was stopped by the stepmother again.

Different from the attitude just now, stepmother Shu Qiao seemed to be a different person, showing a gentle smile to Liu Yao.

"Wait a minute, we are all a family. Mom just said something wrong. Can't I apologize to you?"

Liu Yao was extremely fed up with Shu Qiao, but because of this,

With passers-by watching, he could only force himself to stop.

"No need to apologize, I have something else to do, so I won't be with my mother and sister for now."

Cui Lian'er looked uneasy and secretly pulled her mother to stop talking, but was slapped hard by Shu Qiao.

Shu Qiao didn't care whether Liu Yao liked it or not, and kept talking to himself, "I know you have resentment in your heart, but aren't your father and mother doing it for you? Carpenter Liang is older than you and has a bad temper. But. At least he has a well-off family, so you don’t have to endure hardships with him after you get married.”