49

Is there a monster in the shop?

Liu Yao heard this strangely and lowered his head to look at the old man on the ground.

The old man looked to be in his sixties or seventies. He was well dressed, but he looked very haggard. His eyebrows were always furrowed and his face was full of bitterness.

It seems a bit familiar.

"You get up first," Liu Yao helped the old man up, "If you have anything to say, please speak slowly."

Before Liu Yao could identify the old man's appearance, the middle-aged man next to him suddenly exclaimed, pointed at the old man and said:

"Hey, aren't you the shopkeeper Cui of the East Street Sugar Shop? Why, your house has been plagued by monsters recently?"

"Yes," the old man nodded hurriedly, then looked at the middle-aged man opposite, "Who are you?"

The middle-aged man slapped the table and said, "I'm Zhou Cheng. I live next door to your house. The old man doesn't remember."

Shopkeeper Cui was old and had bad eyesight. He looked closely for a while before he realized, "Oh, I remember, you are Aunt Zhou's nephew. What you just said..."

"Exactly," Zhou Cheng nodded hurriedly, "There have been monsters in my house recently, and they always come out in the middle of the night to scare people. My uncle and aunt are old, and they wake up at night when they are scared, and they are about to lose their ability to survive."

"I originally wanted to ask the monks from the monastery to come over and help. It happened that my brother's son was saved by the immortal master yesterday, so I thought I would come over today to try my luck."

After saying that, he turned to the direction of Yin Yueli, cupped his hands and said: "Master Immortal, Shopkeeper Cui is also here, which proves that the monster in my house is not a lie. We also ask the Immortal Master to help us. As long as we can catch the monster, We can spend as much money as we want.”

When Shopkeeper Cui saw the direction of Zhou Cheng's hand, he knew that he had recognized the wrong person, and he felt a little embarrassed.

Liu Yao touched his chin and finally recalled the East Street Sugar Shop. It seemed that he had indeed been there. Because the store manager and his father had the same surname as "Cui", he had some impression on him.

However, Yin Yueli had no interest and just flipped through the account books in his hand.

"Immortal Master?" Zhou Cheng called in a low voice, but received no response, and his mood suddenly sank to the bottom.

Shopkeeper Cui also became nervous, "Master Immortal, are you afraid of trouble? Don't worry, Aunt Zhou's family is also doing business. Our two families will contribute the money together. As long as you tell us the amount, no matter how much, we will find a way to come up with it." .”

"Please help me," Shopkeeper Cui said more and more pitifully, leaning on his cane tremblingly, "My sweet shop has been open in Yancheng for more than ten years. It was opened by my wife and I. If it really fails in my hands, Here, I don’t have the shame to go down there to see her.”

Yin Yueli's expression was dull, still showing a lack of interest.

However, Liu Yao knocked on the countertop and suddenly asked, "In addition to sugar water, your family seems to also sell rice dumpling candy, right?"

"Yes," Shopkeeper Cui didn't understand why he asked this, but he nodded honestly, "Zongzi candy is a candy from the south, and my family should be the only one selling it in the entire Yancheng."