39

Drowsily, Liu Yao felt like he had fallen into a dream again.

There was still that black shadow in the dream, but it was different from before. The black shadow that always hung around him seemed to have been wronged in some way. It balled up like a cat and huddled in the corner.

Countless waves of darkness generally undulated around it, and Liu Yao stood in the center of these waves. It took a lot of effort to finally stabilize his figure and walk in front of the black shadow.

"Don't be angry, I really didn't want to run away." Liu Yao supported the ground and reached out to poke it.

It was soft, glutinous, and cool, like some kind of glutinous rice dumpling. Liu Yao thought it was pretty good, so he went over and poked it a few more times.

The small hole that was poked quickly bounced back, but the black figure ignored him and just continued to curl up and shrink further.

Liu Yao smiled helplessly. This time he not only concealed the fact that he had seen through the illusion, but also ran into the mausoleum with others, and was even misunderstood and privately removed from his status as a sacrifice.

There are so many confusing things that it will be difficult to explain them in a short time.

"Okay," Liu Yao knelt down and approached the black shadow, "Besides, it's not all my fault. You didn't tell me anything. Let's just treat it as even, okay?"

"And to be serious, it was obviously you who hid your identity and deceived me into getting married. I haven't even settled the accounts with you yet. How can you blame me in turn?" Liu Yao tried to reason with it.

The black shadow was shaken by his poke, but unfortunately it refused to look back at him.

Just when Liu Yao couldn't help but sigh, he suddenly felt a faint light flashing above his head. He looked up and saw that it was an old talisman paper.

The talisman paper was floating in mid-air, with complicated talismans written in cinnabar on the surface. It was the one Liu Yao had seen in his dream before.

It's just different from before. This time there is no golden light to cover it up, and the writing on the talisman paper is obviously much clearer.

Liu Yao looked at it carefully for a moment, and was about to reach out and touch it, when suddenly the world started spinning. When he came back to his senses, he had fallen into another scene.

Different from the dream just now, the scene this time seemed to be Liu Yao's own memory.

In my memory, Liu Yao was seven or eight years old. Before dawn, he left the yard at the instruction of his stepmother and went to a far away place to fetch water.

The bucket was very heavy. The young Liu Yao struggled to put a bucket of water on the ground. Just as he was about to lift the bucket, he heard two choking sounds coming from beside him. When he turned his head, he realized that there seemed to be a man sitting next to the well. young

man.

It is actually not accurate to say that he is young. Judging from his appearance, the man is thin and dressed like a scholar. His face is full of illness. Although he looks young, his eyes looking at Liu Yao are full of vicissitudes of life.

Those are the eyes that only old people have.

The young Liu Yao was startled and quickly approached him, asking him what was wrong and whether he needed to call the village doctor over.

The scholar shook his head and said there was no need to bother, he wouldn't live long, and then he looked in the direction of Zhige Mountain with some worry.