45

The more Liu Yao listened, the more confused he became. He was kidnapped, and he had five hundred taels of silver.

Yin Yueli wanted to take advantage of the chaos to change out of the colorful pink clothes, but Liu Yao grabbed her hard and prevented him from changing secretly.

Yin Yueli closed her eyes, unable to bear to look at herself in the mirror.

"Don't cause trouble to Xiao Liu'er," Shen Da, who was in the backyard, had already calmed down and walked quickly to the house and said, "The previous payment has not been settled yet, and it is exactly five hundred taels, which is enough to pay Yue'er's ransom. "

After saying that, he bowed his hand to Liu Yao and said, "I'm sorry, I'm busy today, so I can't greet you two. Please bear with me."

Shen Er recovered from the panic and realized that Liu Yao could not be involved, so he smiled apologetically at Liu Yao.

"Well, you go back first. If you want some clothes, you can put them in the account first. I will go to the teahouse to find you after everything is settled."

Although he really wanted to stay and ask what happened, seeing the looks on the two people's faces, Liu Yao had no choice but to nod and leave with Yin Yueli who had changed into new clothes.

The shop door behind him was closed, and there was a sign saying it was closed for business. Liu Yao glanced at the sign, walked all the way to West Street, and soon arrived at the Xiangming Teahouse.

As I approached the door, I realized that the tea house seemed a little deserted.

Logically speaking, since the weather is cold and it's early in the morning, there should be a lot of business travelers coming to the shop to have a break and have some breakfast. There's no reason why the entire tea house is empty, with almost no customers in sight.

"Have you ever felt that there were suddenly fewer people on the street today?" Liu Yao said to the people around him.

"Really?" Yin Yueli has never paid attention to the outside world, so naturally he can't tell the difference here.

"Of course," Liu Yao pointed to the pedestrians on the street, "Look, there are half as many people as before, and even the children who were always playing on the roadside are gone."

Liu Yao wanted to ask a passerby what was going on, but he quickly remembered Yin Yueli's current clothes.

Although there were not many pedestrians on West Street, just as the two of them stayed for a moment, many people had already looked over, and their eyes could not tell whether they were surprised or shocked.

"First, let's go to the teahouse." Liu Yao's face turned red as he pulled Yin Yueli, who looked dull, into the Xiangming Teahouse.

Uncle Xu happened to come down from the second floor with something in his arms. When he saw Liu Yao, he suddenly showed a surprised expression.

"The young master is back!"

"You didn't encounter anything on the way." Uncle Xu walked downstairs quickly and looked up and down.

Liu Yao finally breathed a sigh of relief after confirming that nothing was wrong.

"Hey, I just wanted to ask someone to inform you. If there is nothing important, don't come here for now. The situation in the city is not good recently, so don't encounter any trouble on the road."

"What's going on?" The more he listened, the more he felt something was wrong, so Liu Yao stepped forward to support Uncle Xu.

"Don't mention it," Xu Bozhi sighed, patted the back of his hand, and asked the waiter to serve tea to the two of them. Then he sat at the table and said, "Young Master and Shopkeeper Yin, have you ever heard of the Qiu Shan Gang?"