33

On the second floor of Fengle Building, inside the elegant room door.

Looking at the direction Liu Yao left, Tian Yu couldn't help but show a worried look.

However, before he could speak, the ascetic monk in the room had already tapped the table with his fingers and said in a calm tone.

"Don't worry. When the enemy and we are unknown, why do you think I asked you to bring him here to talk? Is he just worried about being discovered?"

"Don't worry, he can't reveal anything he heard in this door room to the outside world."

Following the ascetic monk's words, the fire on the table suddenly jumped up, almost illuminating the dark room.

Tian Yu was shocked to realize that the surrounding walls were not empty, but filled with talismans, layered on top of each other, surrounding the entire dark room airtightly, like a cage.

"Let's go." The ascetic stood up with his back bent and patted the dust on his knees. "Since he refuses to agree, we can only take the next step."

Tian Yu didn't speak, and nodded slightly in the swaying firelight.

At the end of West Street, inside the Xiangming Teahouse.

Because it was afternoon, there were not many customers in the teahouse.

Accountant Uncle Xu was sitting at the table, checking today's accounts, when he suddenly saw Liu Yao coming in from the outside with a distracted look on his face.

Uncle Xu was startled and thought he was suddenly ill, so he quickly stepped forward to support him.

"What's going on? You were fine at noon... Xiao Shenzi, go to the pharmacy opposite and invite Dr. Chen over."

The waiter named Xiao Shenzi responded, but Liu Yao stretched out his hand to stop him, "I'm fine, there's no need to specially ask the doctor to come over."

Liu Yao's face turned a little pale, but he still forced himself to smile at the two of them.

"Are you really okay?" Uncle Xu looked him up and down.

"I'm just a little tired. I'll be fine after taking a rest." Liu Yao was helped to the table, his brows furrowed tightly, and he felt uncomfortable in his chest.

It was a little strange. Just now he went to the appointment at the address written by Tian Yu. When he got there, he found that the room was empty. After waiting for a long time, Tian Yu didn't show up.

Considering that Tian Yu might have regretted his decision midway, Liu Yao didn't think much about it. After waiting for two quarters of an hour, he left a note and came back first.

But for some reason, he always felt that he had forgotten something very important, but he couldn't remember it anyway.

There was also a faint sense of urgency in my heart, and I felt that I had to do something immediately. Otherwise, very serious consequences may occur.

"Uncle Xu," Liu Yao pressed his forehead and said reluctantly, "go and call Mr. Wu. I have something to ask him."

"Mr. Wu, you mean the storyteller?" Uncle Xu was confused, but in the end he didn't ask any more questions.

"Young master, wait for now. Today is not the day for Wu Xiangchen to tell stories. I will ask the waiter to invite him over."

Wu Xiangchen lived near East Street. When Liu Yao's discomfort eased a little, a disheveled storyteller finally came belatedly and bowed his hand apologetically when he saw Liu Yao.