Chapter 2 - Alison

"Mom, please! Please! I have never asked something like this from you and I want to do something fun in my life! I want to experience things!" I beg my mother. She is moving around the kitchen making lunch and shaking her head at me.

"You think just because you graduated you are an adult now and you can do whatever you want?" She states firmly waving around the cooking spoon in the air.

"No because if I did think that, I would've just walked out of this house and do whatever I want to do." I said being a smart ass, which I rarely did with my mom and whenever I did, hell would break loose.

She suddenly slammed the cooking spoon down and darted her way out of the kitchen and started making her way down the hallway while swearing and yelling in Spanish then I heard a door slam shut.

I sighed heavily and made my way to my room. I slammed my door as well and plopped onto my bed and got my phone. I pulled up Jordan's contact and pressed the message button.

Me: She won't even budge. I'm going to keep trying though.

Jordan: I told yooouu. Your mom is as strict as can be.

Me: I'm going to keep trying. Adios.

Jordan: Peace

I quietly made my way out of my room and see my moms door is open, I peak inside and she's not there. I tip toe down the hall and hear some movement from the kitchen, just as I'm about to make my way there, I hear her scream my name which makes me jump.

"Yes?" I slowly make my way to the kitchen.

"This is from your dad." She firmly puts down an envelope on the counter. I open it and I'm shocked. I look at her and she nods slowly. I see a few 100 dollar bills.

"O-okay." I say, still shocked.

"What do you want from me for your present?" She leans up against the counter and I awkwardly smile. She rolls her eyes, knowing the answer.

"When and for how long?" She still leaned there with a firm look on her face.

"Sometime this week and the whole summer?" I smile awkwardly with some hope in my eyes.

She put her hand on her chest and was shocked at my answer. That's when I started to hear the lecture in rapid Spanish.