Chapter 4 - Jordan

"We leave tomorrow morning!" Alison squealed through the phone, blowing my ear drum.

"Tomorrow? Already?" I ask, surprised.

"Yeah, I went online and bought the tickets with my moms credit card and then just gave her the money in cash." She explained.

"Okay well how much was my ticket?" I question as I lay on my bed.

"I'm not telling you!" Alison laughed.

"How am I supposed to pay you back?" I ask with frustration.

"You're not! Now I'll see you tomorrow, be at my house by 8 am, my mom is taking us to the airport. See you, muah!" She rapidly explained before hanging up the phone.

"Wait! Ugh." I look at my phone and it shows the call has ended. Whatever.

I go into my dad's room and tell him the plan. He was a bit pissy about us leaving tomorrow but the tickets are already bought and I was already packed, so he got over it.

The next day, I woke up super early yet super excited and this only happened on rare occasions considering I'm not a morning person whatsoever.

My dad drove me to Alison's house which he was not to thrilled about but once again, he got over it. Once I was there, she hugged me with excitement. I have never seen this girl so excited before. She reminded me of a little chihuahua.

"Okay, so I have everything packed. Oh my gosh I swear if I am forgetting something. Oh my gosh I'm so nervous. I've never been on a plane without my mom. I've only gone to Puerto Rico. What if something bad happens?" Alison starts to rapidly talk really loudly and breathing heavily. I grab her by the shoulders.

"Relax!" I yell. "Everything is going to be fine." I gesture for her to breathe in her nose and out her mouth, which she did and I could feel her shoulders loosen up and not feel so tense.

"Okay. Okay." She breathed out. "Everything will be fine." She said to herself and kept repeating it as she zipped her suitcase. We grabbed all our stuff and headed for the door, with her mom and brother following behind us.

After the decent drive to the airport, it got kind of emotional. And I don't like emotions. Especially from other people.

We stood in the middle of the airport when her mom started to tear up and squeezing Alison with a death grip. It seemed like she never was going to let go.

It felt like forever but finally our flight was called and Alison tried pulling away from her mom and after a few tries, she was free. We waved to her mom as we both darted to the door to enter the walkway to our plane.

We got to our seats and I sat by the window because Alison was too scared to. She death gripped the top of my hand which was on the arm rest when the plane started to slightly move. I watched outside as the plane rolled faster and faster.

Once the plane finally started to make it's way off the ground, Alison started to hyperventilate and grabbed the top of my hand again. I chuckled and she gave me a very unpleasant look.

We sat on the plane for almost 5 hours. We watched a few movies on my laptop and read a few Seventeen magazines. Alison started to ease more as time passed.

Once we made it to LAX, it felt like entering a celebrity world. It felt unreal. I started to feel the jet lag a bit as well.