Chapter 20- Alison

"I wonder what those two are up to." I laughed nervously as I and Crawford sat outside a café, waiting for our food to arrive.

"Probably stabbing each other." Crawford replied, laughing.

"Probably." I smiled, sipping my water.

"So something odd happened to Jordan last night. She didn't want to tell Chris but I'm telling you to see if you may know anything about it." I looked at him more seriously than normal.

"Okay." He simply said, waiting for me to tell him.

I explained to him about the texts and the unknown number and what Jordan had to say about it and we discussed some possibilities but Crawford finally came up with something.

"Chris has this ex." Crawford finally explained. "He had to dump her because she uh..." He hesitated to tell me. I raised my brow, wanting more. "She abused him. Verbally and physically." He let out.

"Oh. Wow." Was all I could say. I couldn't believe it.

"Yeah but she wouldn't let him leave her... He loved her. Hell, he probably still does, but when he tried to break up with her, she got a knife and held it to her throat."

"What the hell?" I said in shock.

"Yeah but she's the only serious girlfriend he has that lives in LA, that's one reason we stopped living here and returned to Canada so we just come to visit now." He explained. This all made more sense now. The only thing I wanted to know was if they really had family here? Maybe they did but if they were from Canada, what family lived here?

"Wow. Do you think she may be behind all this?" I asked, scared for my best friend.

"Possibly." Crawford said as out food was finally placed down in front of us.