Chapter 5 - Alison

I looked at Jordan, speechless. We walked at each other's side to go get our bags. Many people were waiting for other people to get off planes.

We grabbed our four large suitcases and made our way outside.

"We need to get a taxi." Jordan states, obviously. I look around and see a few taxi vans and a few regular taxis but they all already had people loading up inside of them. There were many limos also waiting in a line with the chauffeurs holding up the signs with the peoples names on it.

Suddenly I feel Jordan's hand start repeatedly slam on my arm, I look at her and she's glaring to a certain direction so I look in that direction.

There stood a chauffeur, holding up a large white sign that read:
ALISON AND JORDAN

We looked at each other with shock and busted out in laughter.

"How weird is that?" I chuckled as Jordan was freaking out. People started to look at us as if we were crazy crack addicts.

"That has to be a coincidence." Jordan says under her laughs. Suddenly as she says that, the chauffeur flips the sign around and it reads: "from Florida". Our eyes shot wide open and our mouths dropped.

We decided to walk up to the chauffeur so we did, slowly. He looked at us, and gestured the sign at us, asking if we were the names on the sign.

"Hi, um, I'm Jordan." Jordan started to awkwardly say. "And this is Alison but we never hired a chauffeur or limo but were from Florida so I find that just a bit to coincidental." She finishes. The man chuckles.

"Yes, um, someone by the name April hired my services." He said all properly.

"My mom?" Jordan muttered under her breath, I nudged her shoulder and she nodded.

"Yeah, that's my mom." She finally said to the man. We looked at the car behind him, it wasn't a limo, but it was a very nice, town car.

"Okay, well my name is Richard and I will be driving you ladies wherever, whenever this summer." He said as he put the sign down and made his way to our suitcases to take to the trunk.

"The whole summer?" I say, shocked. Jordan and I smile, we both had the same thoughts. This trip was already perfect so far.

We rode in the car and we both glared out opposite windows, observing and admiring the people, the buildings, the streets. Suddenly Jordan breaks the silence.

"Did you reserve a hotel room?" She looked at me, nervously.

"No, I figured we could just get one when we got here." I turn towards her.

"I know a very fine hotel that has some vacancy." Richard broke in.

"Alright, take us there then." I smile. I look at Jordan and she shakes her head and chuckles.

"What?" I laugh.

"You're so last minute with everything." She laughs and continues to shake her head.

Once Richard pulled into the hotel, my eyes widened and Jordan stared at me with worry.

"Do you have enough money for this?" Jordan exclaimed.

"Oh, Ms. Musick, this is for you." Richard parked the car and started grabbing and patting down his coat and after a few seconds pulled out an envelope and held it out to Jordan.

Jordan hesitated and had a confused look and took it. As soon as it was in her possession, she opened it. She took out a piece of paper and I scooted closer to see.

It said:
"From your entire family that loves you very much!"

She pulled out a small booklet, which after she opened, revealed a card.

"A debit card?" I asked, while staring at it.

I looked inside the booklet which also stated:
Balance from start: $2,000

I looked back up at Jordan. Her jaw hung down and her eyes were widened.