Chapter 3 - Jordan

"Father!" I yell from my room.

"What!" I hear from his room down the hall. I knew he wasn't going to come here so I had to push myself to get out of bed.

I turned on his bedroom light and of course he was there on his laptop. I sit beside him and tap his leg to get his attention.

"What do you want?" He said jokingly.

"I'm going to California over the summer, okay?" I blurt out.

"Ha, good luck getting a ticket and money." He laughed.

"I already got it." I smiled.

"Why haven't I heard this until now? And who are you going with? I'm not okay with this last minute crap." He sat up.

"It was a spontaneous decision. If I had planned it, I would've told you. Me and Alison just randomly decided we want to have a good summer before going off the college and want to celebrate being graduates. I'm 18 and I'm asking for your permission." I ramble with hope.

"Okay." He breathes out.

"So I can go?" I started jumping up with excitement.

"I guess. As long as you already got the ticket handled and everything." He said, returning back to his laptop.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I squeal and run to my room. I grabbed my phone and texted Alison.

Me: HE SAID YES!!

Alison: MY MOM SAID YES!!

Me: OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS

Alison: YEAH AND I GOT MORE MONEY

I stood up and started to dance crazily and with happiness. I can't believe this was happening.