3

"I thought you had a class by five, this is already six thirty," Nathan said to Chase as they walked into a diner. "The lecture called it off and now I have free time to myself. Let's order something greasy for ourselves," Chase said and went to sit at an empty booth. Nathan rolled his eyes at his best friend and went to sit across him.

"I pray to find a cute chick here," Chase mumbled. "Shut your dirty ass mouth," Nathan glared at him and he grinned in response. "You need to get laid, bro. Crystal will soon make you run mad with the way she's chaining you down," Chase laughed.

Nathan was about to reply him when they got interrupted.

"Good evening, can I take your order?"

They looked up to see a girl standing there with a notepad. The girl's eyes widened a little and her cheeks reddened when she saw them and took a step back.

"Willow! I didn't think I'd find you here," Chase said as he recognized her. Willow smiled at him, "Neither did I? what brings you here?"

Chase shrugged with a grin. "I thought it'd be nice to find a cute chick while stuffing my face with food," he said and she chuckled before rolling her eyes. "So what would you guys like to eat?" she asked them.

"I'll have a cheese burger with fries and a can of sprite," Chase replied. Willow turned to Nathan as she scribbled down into her notepad. "I'll have coke, that's all," he said and she nodded.

"I'll be back soon," she said and walked away.

"She's cute, right?" Chase said to Nathan, gaining his attention. "Why the comment?" Nathan raised a brow at him as he picked up his phone from the table. Chase rolled his eyes. "I'm just saying that she's pretty," he mumbled.

Nathan shook his head, "Then ask her out or do whatever you like then."

His friend laughed and shook his head. "She's not my type. I don't think I can handle her smartass," he said playfully. Nathan looked up from his phone. "She looks kind of shy," he said.

"Because you're an intimidating ass, that's why," Chase pointed out. "Get lost."

"How do you know her?" Nathan asked him.

"She was in my English class when we were freshers and she helped me with my essays," Chase replied.

Willow let out a sigh as she handed the order to Miranda who immediately went to the kitchen. Her phone began to buzz and she picked it knowing who was calling.

"How many times have I told you not to call me while I'm working?" Willow said into the phone. Eve snorted, "Actually I lost count after thirty. Anyway, I was thinking of going to this party. Want to tag along?"

"Eve, it's a school night," Willow pointed out. "And you're not my mom. Unlike you, I have a good tolerance of alcohol," her best friend said. "Unlike you, I don't drink alcohol till I get drunk and pass out looking like a dead log of wood," Willow said. "Nah, I'm hotter than a log of wood," Eve said.

"Be serious, you dummy. You need not to go out on a Wednesday night, Eve? Don't you have lectures in the morning?" Willow sighed. "You're such a mom," Eve groaned. "Well, it comes with the package so you have to deal with it," Willow chuckled. "Should I came and pick you up? We can get pizza on the way," Eve offered.

"Don't worry, Eve. I'll be fine," Willow turned her offer down. She could imagine her pouting at the moment. "I have to go now, Eve. I'll text you when I get back to the dorms," Willow said and hung up when she saw Miranda walking out of the kitchen with a tray of food.

"Thank you," Willow said as she collected it and walked back to the table where she got the order from.

"Here are your orders," she said as she placed their orders in front of them. "Thank you, sweetheart," Chase grinned and she chuckled. Nathan didn't say anything, not bothering to look up from his phone. Not that she cared anyway. She wasn't ready to have her head given to Crystal on a silver platter, or to any of his female admirers back at the university.

"If you need anything, please let me know," she said to them. "Awn, you're such a nice waitress," Chase commented and she rolled her eyes before plastering an overly sweet smile on her face. "Will you give me a nice tip?"

Chase laughed at her exaggerated smile and nodded. "Anything for a pretty girl like you, love," he said and she waved him off. "If you're trying to get in my pants, it's not going to be possible," she winked at him and walked away.

"She's a smartass, unlike you," Nathan commented causing his best friend to scowl.

He was about to say something when a phone began to ring. Realizing it was his phone, Nathan stood up while answering the call.

"Crystal," he breathed out as he walked out of the diner. "Where the fuck are you, Nate? I've been searching for you everywhere!" a loud screech filled his ears causing him to pull the phone away.

"You don't need to monitor me," he pointed out in distaste. "Oh really? Where are you?" Crystal asked again. "Out, with Chase," he muttered. "Is that all?" Crystal asked. "Yes, Crystal, that's all. I need to go now, talk to you later," he said and hung up.

He rolled his eyes and exhaled.

Just then, his phone began to ring.

"Just great," he thought to himself when he saw the caller ID.

"Hello," he answered.

"That' what you say after ignoring the calls of the woman that gave birth to you?" were the words of his Mexican mother. Nathan rolled his eyes, "Sorry ma. I've been busy with school."

"All of you are busy, that's your excuse. Any news about your love life yet?" she asked and Nathan couldn't help but face-palm himself. He loved his mother to the moon and back, but she could be a pain in the ass sometimes.

"Really ma? You're still on this?" he asked.

"Well, you are not getting any younger son. You're already twenty one and you'll soon be graduating. After taking over your father's company, all that is left is marriage. Do you want to start looking for a wife at the age of thirty?!" his mother exclaimed.

Nathan rolled his eyes. "I wouldn't mind that," he thought to himself. "I'll talk to you later, ma," he said. "You can't run from this conversation. Say hi to Chase for me and tell him the same thing I told you," she said and hung up.

He rolled his eyes again and went back into the diner.

"What's with the gloomy face? A bird had a dump on your head?" Chase joked as his friend at down. "Get a wife," Nathan said and opened his bottle of cook. "Oh, your mom called," Chase said and laughed. "I thought it was Crystal," he added.

"Crystal called first. She'll gladly take the title of a monitor lizard if it meant her watching me every single fucking day," Nathan said in annoyance. "Why don't you wife her up? I mean, she's a nice girl," Chase said teasingly.

Nathan glared at him. "We both, including the world know that she is not a wife material and I am not even interested in this thing too," he said and chugged down his coke. "Like I said earlier, you need to get laid," Chase commented with a laugh. "I might take up that offer if I'm sure Crystal won't assassinate the girl I fuck," Nathan grumbled and his best friend laughed again.