46

The next morning, Willow didn't say a word to Nathan. She decided that she wasn't going to meddle in his business anymore. Yesterday night, she didn't cry just because of what Kiara had told her. She cried she realized how much she loved Nathan. Ignoring his existence would be the best option.

Nathan was fed up with her silence and stood up from the dining table to meet her in the kitchen. "Willow"

Her shoulders tensed at his voice but she refused to look at him as she continued to do the dishes. "Willow, lease talk to me," he pleaded. She turned to him with a very fake smile. "Good morning, please take the kids to school or they'll be late," she said and walked out of the kitchen.

Nathan exhaled in frustration and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Oh God, please help me."

"Did you ask him to confirm if it's true or not?" Eve asked her. "I didn't want to walk to him at all," Willow mumbled as she looked through her patients' files. "But you don't know if it's true or not? You can't just ignore the man. I don't think Nathan can do something like that," Eve said and Willow rolled her eyes.

"You don't think so doesn't mean it isn't impossible," she said and Eve sighed. "Willow, I love you and I know you're hurting right now. But please, take it easy and confirm everything before you jump into conclusions," she said.

"I'll ask when I get home," Willow mumbled and Eve sighed in relief. "Thank you, babe. I have to go now, call you later," she said and hung up. Just then Jayden walked in with a small smile, holding a slushie in his hands. "I thought maybe this would cheer you up a little," he said as he went to sit in front of her. Willow smiled at him thankfully as he handed her the slushie.

"Thank you, Jayden," she said and he shrugged. "You made me worry so much so I knew I had to do something to cheer you up," he said and she smiled again. "You didn't have to," she told him and he shrugged.

"But seriously, Willow. You need to talk to him first. I don't know him but I have seen him in tabloids and a few of my friends have come in contact with him. He seems like a pretty decent man with what I've heard," he said.

"That's because he is. That's what hurts deeper," Willow mumbled. "Do you love him? Don't deny it this time," Jayden said, pointing a finger at her. She looked away. It was time for her to stop denying it.

"The realization stings more than iodine on a deep cut," she said and Jayden smiled. They were making progress and he made sure that this problem was going to be fixed. "Who was the woman again?" he asked her. "I think I remember her name now, Kiara," Willow said, looking at him.

"Do some digging, okay? Talk to the man, don't leave him in the dust. After all he has done for you and the kids, it won't be okay to treat him like that whether he was being sincere or not," Nathan said to her and she nodded.

"She won't talk to me. I pleaded with her this morning, she was colder than the ice queen," Nathan said to his best friend and brother who were seated in front of him. "Did you ask the kids if they knew anything?" Noah asked him and he shook his head. "I didn't think in that direction," he said.

"Someone must have said something to her," Chase stated. Nathan's headache throbbed at this. "But who? And why? Why would they make her think I was using her? The fucking hell?" He rubbed his temples. "Bro, you need to focus on your work and settle it when you get home. we'll try to talk t her," Chase said to him with worry.

He could tell that his best friend hadn't had a wink of sleep and he feared worse for Willow. Why must someone always come in between them when they're finally happy?

"She won't listen to anybody. I just want her to talk to me, and not the way she did this morning. I just want to know what I did wrong," Nathan mumbled. Noah had never seen his brother this broken when it came to women, hell, he had never seen him broken about women.

The first and last time was when he had broken up with Willow.

"I need to pick up the kids," Nathan said as he checked his watch. School was over almost like an hour ago and he hadn't noticed. "Blake's mom would have already picked him up," Noah said when his brother turned to him. "Everything will be fine, bro," Chase said and he thanked them before leaving.

Nathan drove to his kids' school and found the twins playing with their friends in the school playground. "Daddy! I'm starving!" Wave groaned as she hugged him. He chuckled at this; Wave was always hungry.

"How was school today?" he collected their backpacks and led them into the parking lot, towards his car. "It was fun," Daniel said. "Daddy, this car is pretty!" Wave exclaimed as she ran to his Mercedes. "Thanks sweetheart," her father said and put their things inside.

"Daddy, please let's get crepes from the shop across the street," Daniel pleaded, pointing out the gate. Nathan looked in the direction and saw the place wasn't far, and they could walk there.

"If we get crepes, we're going straight back home after," he said and the twins nodded happily. "Let's go then," he held their hands and they walked out of the gate. They crossed the street and went to the shop. Unknown to Nathan, his phone had fallen out of his pocket but Daniel noticed when it fell on the middle of the road.

They walked into the shop and Nathan let go of their hands before going to the counter. Daniel took the opportunity to walk out of the shop and rush to the road to pick the phone. In the process of rushing, he tripped and fell on his knees with a loud cry.

"Daniel, what do you-" Nathan turned and panicked when he didn't see his son. His eyes widened when he saw his son in the middle of the road and he spotted a speeding oncoming car.

"Daniel!" he exclaimed as he ran out of the shop. Frightened, Wave ran after her father.

"Daniel, get out of there!" Nathan yelled as he ran to the road. He was quick enough to push him away but not quick enough to leave the road. Pain shot through his entire body as the speeding car hit him with full force.

The last thing he saw was his son's terrified face before he blacked out.

"DADDY!" Daniel screamed in horror as he ran to his father. The driver of the vehicle got out of the car and cursed in fear. "Daddy!" Wave ran to her father and began to shake him.

"Let's take him to the hospital!" passers-by exclaimed in horror as they rushed to the scene. "Daddy, please wake up!" Daniel cried as he shook his father. "Call mommy!" Wave cried to her brother as the people carried Nathan and placed him in the car. The blood was too much and their uniforms were already soaked.

Luckily for them, their class teacher saw the scene and was quick to get to them. She quickly, pulled them to her side and told them to get in her car so they could follow the person taking Nathan to the hospital.

"Let's call your mother"